Steve Harrington X Munson!Reader - Piece of Me

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Piece of Me by Britney Spears. This one is set in the 00s, so Steve and Reader are in their early-40s and are married with a couple of kids. Reader is Eddie's little sister and grew up in the trailer park with him and Uncle Wayne. (Steve gets kind of mad in this one and does some yelling, so if you don't like that, feel free to skip.) I hope you all enjoy it. 

When Steve had come home from work and found the house silent he'd been a little confused. In the 13 years since you'd started having kids, he'd never heard it so quiet before, and though he would usually be pretty stoked to get 10 minutes of peace, the idea had slipped away when he'd found you sitting on the couch alone, looking totally lost. 

"Baby?" he hummed softly, placing his jacket over the back of the couch as he moved around to look at you, finding your cheeks tear-stained and your eyes red-rimmed from crying. "Oh, Sweetheart, what's the matter?" he pressed on, quickly moving to kneel in front of you, taking your hands in his. 

You gulped down a breath, trying to compose yourself. "It's stupid," you muttered, tugging your hand away to wipe the tears from your face. "God, I'm just overreacting," you pressed on as he frowned up at you.

"Can you tell me anyway?" 

You hesitated for a moment, knowing damn well that Steve wouldn't let this drop until he knew what had upset you, but half-hoping you could find a way to scoot around telling him anyway. You turned your head, trying to steady yourself. "Jake and I had a fight," you confessed quietly, swallowing down the anxiety building in your stomach. 

It was clear that Steve hadn't been expecting that answer, his eyes widening slightly as they registered. Jake was your oldest kid and possibly the most gentle person either of you had ever met. He didn't argue. He didn't raise his voice. He was a good kid. For you to have a fight with him, it had to be something big. 

"A fight?" he murmured, brow furrowing. 

"I asked him to get off the PlayStation and come do his homework and he was being real difficult," you explained, shaking your head. "And then, when I went upstairs he was still on the damn thing, and I told him to come and do his homework again. I turned off the console and he freaked out."

Steve looked pretty damn confused. "He freaked out?"

"He just started yelling at me and-" you took in a stuttering breath. "Steve, he called me a gold-digger and a slut. I didn't even know he knew words like that."

The confusion was gone when you looked up again, and you could've sworn you'd never seen Steve look so mad before. Sure, he'd been peeved. He'd had his moments of flaring temper, but never anything like this. 

He pushed up to his feet, leaving you stranded on the couch in front of him. "Where are the girls?"

"They're staying at the Byers for a sleepover-"

"Jake," he yelled out, cutting you off before you could finish your answer. "Jake get your ass down here now," he pressed on with a venom in his voice that you'd never heard aimed towards the kids before, his teeth gritting whilst he waited.

"Steve, calm down," you started, getting to your feet and pulling on his arm. "He's just a kid."

"Yeah," he uttered, his expression softening when he looked down at you. "And you're his mother. He knows better than to talk to anyone that way, let alone you."

When the door opened, you placed your hand on Steve's chest, attempting to calm him enough that maybe you could save Jake from the full force of his dad's anger. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Steve bit out, and you realised pretty quickly that your attempt had failed.