ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ.

-----------𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚

-----------

𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚.

 What really is, home? Despite growing up in the same place for a good chunk of your life so far; you always had this everlasting feeling that this wasn't the place that you wanted, or needed, to be.
-
-
-

You were born and shortly raised in Musutafu, Japan. Your mother is black (of Haitian descent), and your father is East Asian (Japanese) with some black in his bloodline as well (He claims... must be a distant ancestor.). You were never the most popular in primary school, and you were constantly subject to bullying and teasing due to your, "weird" appearance and your, "creepy" quirk. the girls avoided you and the boys made a mockery of you, and on top of that, collectively beat down on your admiration and dream to be a hero. You were alienated. And while you didn't let that in itself bother you, your lack of friends did upset you on the inside.

There was one person though. It's pretty sad but, you remember everything except his full name. You called him "Kacchan". A hotheaded little blonde boy who was the fright of the class was the first person to treat you with respect... At least, as much as he could give you without giving up his self-proclaimed superiority. But hey, you'd take what you could get. He thought your quirk was "badass" (he liked to curse a lot to sound tough, but usually he'd never use them correctly), and wanted you to join his group. So from there, your friendship blossomed. 

When you started hanging out with Kacchan, you also met another boy. A timid, friendly, green-haired boy that you remembered as "Deku". A damn shame.. you wish you knew what that name really meant before you started calling him that. You often found yourself being Deku's backbone when it came to the group teasing him. He was also very nice to you, so you tried your best to keep the peace between them, and everything was good.

The lot of you hung out all of the time, but you were especially close with Kacchan. He was your best friend. He brung out the suppressed extrovert in you and you felt like you could actually be yourself around him. No, having only male friends definitely wasn't the plan (you were previously a firm believer of the epidemic of cooties), but you didn't care. You were happy, and that's all that mattered to you.

But then, you learned you had to move. Not neighborhoods, not towns, but countries. You were moving to the United States. You were devastated. You didn't want to leave your hometown, but you had to accept how things were going to go. 

You're absent for two weeks to prepare for the big move. Kacchan had tried to call you on his house phone once, but your parents told you that you'd see him soon and to go back to your room and finish packing. The next day, your landlord came to collect the house phone and reset it for the next resident. You didn't talk to him at all.

But finally, on your last day in Japan, you go to say goodbye to your two friends. You were devastatingly upset, but you weren't gonna cry in front of a bunch of boys, you were tougher than that. You suck it up, and head to the playground that you knew they would be at.

They weren't on the playground. You looked around, still not seeing them. 
"Guys?", you yelled out. You stood there for a moment, and then you heard rustling in the tree's. Then, a thud and a cry. 

You'd knew that cry from anywhere. it was Deku. You ran in the direction that all the rustling was coming from, and run into the trees.

There, you see Deku, balled up against a tree and crying, scratched and scraped up. Kacchan stood above him, with a malicious grin and sparking at the hands. His friends were close behind him, laughing. 

You run to Deku, shielding him. 
-
-
"what the heck are you guys doing?! this isn't a game, you're literally just beating him up!" You yelled while Deku cried behind you. Just what had they been doing to him these past two weeks?

"oh 'cmon y/n, you're seriously defending Deku? it's his own fault he's quirkless and weak! get out the way and let us finish our match." Kacchan exclaimed. You didnt move. 

"Hey, king explosion murder! I think y/n wants to join the villain team! I mean hey, her quirk fits perfectly anyways right?! with her gross quirk she'd fit right in!" Says one of Kacchan's goons. They all laugh even harder...including Kacchan. That's what hurt you. how could he laugh at that? He knew how you felt about that. At that moment, it felt like your best friend turned on you. As the people who you thought you made friends in made fun of you, anger rose inside you. you stood, and lunged at one of the mocking boys, pinning him down, grabbing a pin needle from your pocket, and sticking him in his shoulder. He stopped resisting, dropping motionless. 

The rest of them looked at the scene in terror. "He's.. h-he's not moving!! She killed him!!" One of them said, backing away. That wasn't true. "What?! that's not true! he's not dea.."--  You catch a glimpse of Kacchan's face.

Shock, Fear...Disgust?

Nobody had seen your quirks effects on a human being. You never really used it. Even so, the face he had is engraved in your brain to this day.

"What the hell?... You're a monster!" Kacchan yelled, piercing words through your heart. "Kacchan wait!.. I... This isn't what it...I didn't do anything wrong! Y-you're the one who laughed with your stupid friends about my quirk! You're the monster!" you snapped back. but as sharp as your words were.. you were tearing up.

" So! They were right! I don't know why I even talked to you! You're nothing but a freak and you'll never be a hero!" He yelled back. And with that, he ran off.
---
You stood. So many thoughts and emotions run through your body. So many things you wanted to say, So many things you regretted at that moment, Anger, Sadness, and Embarrassment. 

"y/n.." Deku finally spoke, getting up to walk over to you. But you pay him no mind, walk past him and leave. You didn't even tell them you were moving, but at that moment, you didn't care anymore. All reasons that made you want to stay were gone. So with that, you left Kacchan, Deku, and your friendships behind as you left for your new life in the states.

-
-
-
That was years ago. You're older now, and the situation doesn't take a toll on you anymore. Despite all that happened, You miss Japan, and you, just a little, you miss Kacchan. Yeah, he was a little asshole at the end of it all, but having a friend that didn't treat you weird really did help. 

However, now, you're moving back to Japan. Switching countries after so many years again is major, but you feel as though you can manage more than you could the first time. Besides, moving back is a crucial step in the path you want your life to go.

 You're still looking for that sense of "home". what makes a home? the people, the place? You're not sure yet.

Well, it's time to find out.