𝘈 𝘓𝘐𝘛𝘛𝘓𝘌 𝘏𝘌𝘓𝘗

You crash down onto your carpet, breathing rather heavily. "Time to...take a break.."; You say between huffs. Classes had been over for hours now, and you were now in your dorm unpacking and putting your furniture together. On your portable speaker, a playlist of yours played at a medium volume, keeping you engaged in what you were doing. You drink some water and get back to work.

A little while later, you hear a knock at the door. It must be someone wondering why I ain't in the living room with the rest of them... You think to yourself, remembering that you didn't mention to anyone you had things to do. You stand up, drop the tool in your hand, and walk over to the door, opening it.

Standing in your doorway, was him again, now in a tank top and black sweatpants. The tall and hotheaded blonde boy who you just keep happening to encounter, who, on top of that, is the first friend you ever had. And the smartass.

The two of you just, look at each other; The unresolved childhood conflict you share creating tension that makes you struggle to say something to him. And it seemed as though he was in the same predicament. But after a brief moment of awkward eye contact, Bakugou finally speaks;

"..You left your ID on your desk chair." He says. He reaches in his left pocket and pulls out your student ID, handing it to you.

You take it and put it on your nightstand, already put in place. "Took you a mighty long time to bring it to me. School was over ages ago." You say, walking back towards him. His face goes from moderately tame, to annoyed.

"Must you complain or say some smart shit every time I do something for your ass??" He sneers, crossing his arms and glaring down at you. "Sweaty ass." He adds, and then ohhh so comically, pinches his nose shut.

"Oh shut the hell up. You see what I'm in here doing?" You open your door wider so he can see the in-construction state of your room. "I'm so sweaty because I've been working my ass off putting my room together ever since classes ended."

"Please, it can't be that damn hard." Bakugou says... and then looks behind you? "And your ass is still there." He says with an extremely casual tone. It catches you off guard.

"How the hell can you just say some shit like that so casually!?" You exclaim.

"And keep your eyes off my ass, but anyways. Since you think it's so easy how about you stop standing at my doorway like you're hot shit and come help me out?" You say, gesturing at your room. "In fact, there's a dresser right over there that I can't move."

"You think I'm trynna be sweaty like you? Why w--" before he even finishes his sentence, you shut the door on him. "Always talking some bull. Ain't nobody trynna hear his ass." You start to walk back over to what you were doing when you hear another knock on your door. You groan and go open it again. Still him.

"Do you know how to take a damn hint? If you're not going to help-" Without warning, Bakugou walks into your room, closing the door behind him. He walks straight over to the dresser.

"Where do you want it put." He asks, standing beside the dresser with his hands in his pockets. You point to the place where you want your dresser to be, and he pushes it there.

"Boom. Done. Now I can talk shit all I want, yeah?" He taunts, a smirk creeping onto his face. It was the first time you saw him express something close to a smile, but it didn't really count to you since he was just trying to tease. You roll your eyes, and sit back down on the floor, where you were putting your vanity together. You pick up your screwdriver and start to screw down a nail into one of the legs. Bakugou watches you do so, standing behind you.

"...You're doing it wrong, dumbass... It isn't going in."

He comes closer, crouching down to your level. He then leans in, and grabs hold of the screwdriver, putting his hands over yours. He starts turning it in the correct way, putting the nail in.

You're caught completely off guard...again. Your body jolts and becomes plagued with goosebumps as you feel him on your back, hear his breathing up close, and smell faint wafts of cologne off his body. And the song that was playing off your playlist made it worse. The whole situation overwhelms you.

Once the nails were completely screwed in, you slip your hand out from under his, letting the screwdriver go. "Ooookayyy... I think I got the gist of it. Thanks for the help." You exhale, standing back up. He does the same, not saying anything back. You two have another quick moment of eye contact until, this time, you break the silence.

"...You can head out, now."

Bakugou looks at you with an unreadable facial expression. "K." He quickly but vaguely replies, and he leaves without putting up any resistance. You close the door behind him, then immediately sink down to the ground.

"Jesus Christ.." you mutter, with your hands over your face. What the hell was all that? Why did he get all close up on you, why did he act the way he did, why did he say the shit he said? What even are you guys? Frenemies, Friends?? So many questions race through your head, and you didn't have the answer to a single one. You let yourself calm down... You didn't have the time or energy to get deep in thought. You stand back up.

"Alright; back to work."