VI

Melanie

After a much needed nap, I woke up just in time for dinner. Emily made some chicken which was the best chicken I have ever had.

Than the girls and I talked than I went to bed. I actually had a hard time sleeping. I think it was because I was anxious. We have not heard much else about the threat. I don't even know the mc name.

We also know nothing about my dad. He hasn't been spotted anywhere. I'm hoping he left state now that he doesn't have me to worry about. I'm sure he has stolen enough of my money.

Right now we were sitting in the club. I was sitting with the girls at a table while the boys sat at the bar. Lucian, Bruiser, Rage, Ghost, Rogue, Hex, and Logan were over there. The twins were watching over the clubhouse with Cerberus. He had closed his parlor for the day, same with Rogue's shop. Lucian thought it best. We have tried to get Emily to tell us something but she know about as much as me.

"I can't wait for your show Melanie!" Hannah smiled.

"Ya! I love watching dance!" Emily said. She was clearly the most excited of the girls. I could tell she longed to dance. Maybe I could bring the girls to the studio.

"I'm excited to show you. I've worked hard for this show." I said. Dance is a hard sport. My feet are covered in blisters and calluses from my shoes. My legs were strong but had to be cooled in an ice bath after almost every practice. And by the time my class ends, my whole body is shaking from intense exercising. And keeping a dancer physique is not easy. While I have to eat a lot to make up for the calories lost I can't eat anything that will make me gain any extra weight. At least during recitals or competition.

"I'm sure you have. I can't imagine what it's like to dance in those shoes." Vanessa said. I nodded.

"You get used to it after your first year." I shrugged. "Does not make to sores or sore feet after any easier though."

"Do you girls want any food?" Cowboy asked as he walked up to our table.

"Mac and cheese!" Emily said.

"Same." Hannah nodded. The other girls nodded.

"Alright. Ghost is asking for ya." Cowboy said to Vanessa. She looked at us curiously before heading to the bar. Cowboy disappeared into the kitchen to put on the mac order.

When Vanessa came back she was frowning. I wonder what Ghost told her.

"What's wrong?" Josie asked her.

"He's moving me into the clubhouse." She pouted. "I think I'm capable of protecting myself." Vanessa crossed her arms.

"Nessa, he's probably afraid of something like last time happening." Hannah placed her hand on Vanessa's arm.

"But I'm fine now. And those people are dead now." Vanessa plopped down in a chair.

"He just wants to keep you safe." Josie assured her.

"Whatever." Vanessa sighed.
——

A few days later and I still knew nothing. I haven't seen much of Rage since that day. I am still confused about it. I had asked Emily if he has ever been that caring before, she said she's never seen it if he had. The twins laughed at me when I asked them. I guess he was feeling extra nice than.

"Mel!" I heard Hex yelling across the club house. A lot of people were in here and some were doing things I would prefer to forget. I can see why Emily chooses to hide in her room or Lucian's office at night.

I made my way towards Hex, who was typing something on his computer. Bruiser was sitting next to him reading some papers.

"Yes?" I asked. He smiled than turned his computer towards me. I couldn't tell what he was showing me until he zoomed in. "How-" I looked at the picture again. "What is he still doing in town?" I asked.

"It seems Henry thinks he can steal his daughter back." Bruiser said. I pushed the computer away.

"No! He can't!" I yelled. I won't have a life anymore, wether that be figuratively or literally. I was doing so good here too.

"Calm down, Mel." Hex took the computer back.

"Y- you can't let him take me." I took a step back and instinctively covered my scar.

"We just wanted to let you know." Bruiser said.

"What did you do?" A voice shouted behind me. I turned around to find Rage. He had just come back from a run I believe.

"We just let her know Henry was still in town." Hex said.

Rage signed something to the boys. He took a step forward which caused him to press against my back. He was very warm.

"Ok! Jeez, all of you!" Bruiser shook his head.

"We promise he won't get anywhere near you." Hex said as he closed his computer and left. Bruiser followed him.

"Come on." Rage placed a hand on my back and pushed me towards the rooms.

I silently let him push me towards my room. On our way there we bumped into Alpha.

"Rage, meet me in my office when you're done. Talk about the run." He said before brushing past us. Rage sighed.

"I can make my way back to my room. You can go meet him. That's more important." I said. Rage shook his head.

"No, you are still crying and he gave me time." He said. He left no more room to argue as he led me into the room.

Rage let me change in the bathroom before sitting in the chair next to my bed. When I got in bed I told him he can go but he refused.

"I'll wait until you fall asleep. No one will disrupt you." He said.

"Rage," I was going to tell him I'm fine and he can leave, but I wasn't, and I prefer his presence. "Thank you." I said before I finally turned and fell asleep.