XXXVI

MERRY CHRISTMAS!🎄
I was going to write something special, but never got to it. Here's this trauma.
———
Rage

I was not surprised when we followed a dirt road to nothing. Only forest could be seen. Without Hex in our ears I'd be worried we were led to a dead end.

"She's in there. Just go straight ahead." Hex assured. He better be right about this.

Bruiser led us through the trees. The prospect and Ghost stayed behind. Rogue, Darius, and Carbon followed closely behind.

Five minutes into walking and we spotted smoke. That better not be from wherever the hell Mel is.

I took off in that direction. It didn't take long for a one story house comes in view. Half of it was on fire.

"Fuck!" I screamed. I dropped my gun and ran for the door. I could here Bruiser yelling at me and Hex in my ear. I ignored both of them. If Melanie was inside this house, she was my first priority.

The door was locked of course. I wasted no time in busting it open. The first thing I saw was a living room. Two doors were on either side of the room and a hall opposite the front door. I opened one door and found an empty bathroom. The next door was stairs to the basement. Fuck if she's in the house and I go down there she might be worse than she already is.

"I got it!" Bruiser yelled as he entered the house. I nodded and continued down the hall. It opened to the kitchen which was up in flames. A blow torch laid next to the table. Her father was fucking insane and about to meet his end.

Just when I was about to continue down the hall, I noticed the small body lying next to the table. My chest hurt. I knew it was Melanie. Her father had left her here to die.

I could feel the flames heat growing larger the longer I stood frozen. I jumped into action. I ran for Melanie and cradled her in my arms as I ran outside. Once I was far enough away I fell to my knees. I laid Melanie down gently.

"Bruiser! Ghost! I need help." My voice felt week. My Melanie's body was burned. Her back looked the worst. If I didn't let her leave this wouldn't of happened.

I gripped the grass as tears fell from my eyes. I want to take away her pain. I want her to be ok so bad. I need her to be ok. She's my oxygen at this point. Fuck what do I do. I wasn't made for this shit.

"Rage!" Rogue fell next to me. His eyes widened when he saw the burns. "Fuck, he burned it off!" He growled.

"What do you mean?" I asked. What the hell did he burn off.

"She had a um.... She had a tattoo there. He must have found it." Rogue confessed. Shit. She had gotten her tattoo and had it burned off of her with out it even healing.

"What do I do! Rogue help her!" I yelled at him. I needed her to wake up. To be here.

"We need a doctor. Call an ambulance." Rogue shouted. "Actually, load her into the van." He got up and smacked me on the back. I snapped out of whatever stage I was in and picked up her limp body.
I carried her as fast as I could to our van. As soon as I was inside I yelled at the prospect to drive. Rogue had managed to join us.

"Fuck, please be ok. Please." I cried. Crying is such a foreign feeling, but I could care less right now. I needed my mate back.

My hands were beginning to clench at my pants. I was angry. Angry and sad. How could a man do this to his own daughter. I don't understand. I needed to find him. Kill him. I was going to treat him the same he did my Melanie.

"Calm down man. She needs you right now." Rogue said from the front. He could tell I was getting worked up.

I took a deep breath to try and calm myself. She needs me right now.

When we finally pulled up to the hospital I rushed inside with Mel. Nurses were already ready. They ripped her from my arms and took her back. Third degree burns. They wouldn't let me into the room they began treating her in. It worsened my mood.

I stormed back to the waiting room where Rogue was. He gestured for me to sit down, but I couldn't. I needed to know she was ok.

"The guys are looking for him. He's all yours once they do." Rogue assured me.

"I'm going to burn that motherfucker alive." I growled. I began pacing. We were all the way in Maine with no connections. Logan might be able to contact someone if we are lucky, but it isn't reliable. I don't even think there is a chapter here. Shit.

"What's up?" I heard Rogue ask behind me. He was on the phone. It must be with Bruiser. Sounds like Alpha knows. I zoned it out. I needed to focus on Melanie right now. She needs to be ok. If she isn't... I won't be either. Fuck where is her father.

"Where?" I turned to Rogue. He looked confused. "Where is he?" I asked again. Rogue can't sign but he needs to learn.

"They are taking him back. You can't take care of him on unknown territory. No one had our backs." Rogue reminded me. Fuck.

So many things were happening right now. Too many things. "I need to go to the van." I said. I gestured to my arm. Rogue shook his head.

"No. Just wait." He said. He patted the seat next to him again. I decided to give in. I hated hospitals. They reminded me of not so nice things.

The smell. The nurses rushing. People coughing. Everyone just needs to shut up. There are way too many people here.

"Rage," Rogue nudged me. He pointed to a women who was clearly staring at me. Bitch has never seen a man or what?

I send her a glare which seems to work opposite of what I want. Why are women like this? Luckily I had my mate ring on. I flashed it at her which finally sent the message. Bitch.

Now I wait in this disgusting room for my mate to wake up.