XXI

Melanie's

It's been three days since Emily gave birth. We eventually made it back to the clubhouse. The safe house was no longer safe for obvious reasons.

Rage is still bandaged, but he can walk around. He's already tried getting back on his bike. I'm sure if I wasn't here to stop him he would have rode it back here.

Emily and Lucian are staying with Logan until the Red Skulls are taken care of. Dorian is the cutest baby I have ever seen. Emily usually comes to the club while Lucian is in. He is as obsessed with that baby as he is Emily.

"Mel!" Hannah called me over as I stepped into the club. She had began showing a bit. I think she's eight week.

"Hi Hannah." I smiled. She was sitting on Rogue's lap at the bar. He was drinking some type of alcohol, probably whiskey. I've also noticed a slight southern accent when he talks. It makes sense that he talks with Cowboy much more than the other guys.

"Your boy is in his office." Rogue nodded to the stairs. I've been up there once, I think.

"Ok." I quickly turned and headed up there. He refuses to sit around. As least he isn't out on a run.

Rage's door was locked when I tried the handle. I brought my hand up to knock. He didn't say anything or even make a noise. "Rage, can I come in?" I asked.

I heard him swear and something clang against the floor. I could hear him get up and walk towards the door. He unlocked it before swinging it open.

"What happened?" I asked. Rage didn't say anything.  No one else was in the room so it must have been his phone or something.

He backed up letting me through. I entered cautiously and sat on a couch against the wall. Rage stood in front of me. He cupped my cheeks and trialed a thumb down my scar. His eyes grew dark.

I pulled back suddenly feeling insecure about it. It's the first thing people notice and the first thing they judge me on.

"Tell me what happened." Rage demanded. I looked up at him.

"My scar?" I knew he would ask. I also knew he had anger issues. "An accident..." I said.

"Don't lie to me." Rage growled out.

I sighed. He'd find out eventually anyway. "My dad was working in the kitchen. I went in to remind him of a dance class I had and he turned and slashed at me for interrupting him."

"How long ago?" Rage said with a heavy breathe. He was angry.

"Last year." I swallowed. Rage was very impulsive from what I've gathered. Right now those impulses seem to be working.

He leaned down to give me a quick kiss before leaving me alone. He just walked out slamming the door. I knew he was angry. I was afraid of what he'd do now. His name wasn't Rage for now reason. I also knew I couldn't do anything.

I sighed and headed back downstairs. All of the mates were in the bar now. Josie was the only girl who seemed to be missing.

I sat down at the bar next to Vanessa and Ghost. "Hey girl." Vanessa greeted.

"Hi." I said. I did a quick check around the bar and found no Rage.

"Uh, your boy went to find Doc." Ghost said. He had a tight grip around Vanessa's waist. Rage definitely was through here.

I nodded. I sat quietly as the people around the club talked. A lot of the men were talking up the bunny's while others were talking about the Red Skulls. Everyone was still upset they shot at Rage. He was a well respected member of the club. Even Alpha has been cooped up in his office all day. Emily was in their room with Dorian.

"When do you start dance again?" Vanessa asked. She had turned her full attention to me.

"It should be a few week." I answered.

"I hope these Red Skulls die faster." She groaned. Ghost looked at her strange.

"You want them to die?" He asked surprised. Vanessa was not violent at all. This shocked me too.

"Yes! So Alpha and Emily can spend proper time with Dorian and we can move back into our houses." Vanessa expressed.

"Soon, button." Ghost kissed Vanessa's temple. She only sighed in anger.

"Who the fuck are you!" Someone yelled at the door. I turned towards the scene. A man who was very built was standing in the doorway of the clubhouse. A member who was sitting on a chair over there was glaring at him.

"Grim. I've come to speak Alpha." The man said. He was very built. He wasn't wearing a cut so I assumed he doesn't have a club. His arms were tatted in gothic designs, expect for one red tattoo on his left wrist. I couldn't read it but it stood out.

"The fuck for." Ghost stood up. Grim was almost as tall as Ghost. He was still intimidating though.

"What's your rank?" Grim asked Ghost. Their names are kind of funny. Grim and Ghost. I smiled slightly to myself.

"Enforcer." Ghost stated.

"I'll respect that, but take me to Alpha." Grim was not backing down. This must be important.

"Cerberus." Ghost nodded his head to follow him. Both men escorted Grim up to Alpha's office. That was strange, I wonder who that is.

"Anyway..." Vanessa was clearly as confused as I was.

"Is he a hang around?" I asked.

Vanessa shook her head. "Nope. No idea who he was.  He looked familiar though." She furrowed her brows as she tried to remember.

"Is it your brother?" I asked. I remember her saying she had a twin.

"No. Definitely not. And I haven't talked to Alpha about that yet." She said.

"Hey who was that?" Hannah asked us. We both shrugged.

"Great." Hannah through her hands up. "Guess we have to pry it out if Emily later."

Not even two minutes later, Rage came stomping back from Docs. He was freshly bandaged. He gave me no glance as he marched up the stairs again.

If he wants to be that way, so can I.