XXIII

There will not be a update Wednesday. Next time I update will be next Sunday! See you then!
———

Rage

This was the most annoying thing I have done. Sitting in Alpha's house watching for a scout. I knew it was a high chance they were watching the houses, but I hoped they weren't peeking in. Fucking perverts.

I also wish I had Mel with me. I was an obsessive man. She may not know it, but I set my claim on her a long time ago. Soon she will be my mate. She'll have a tattoo and my name.

I saw a car light slowly pass by the window. I quickly peeked out the window, and sure enough, a black car was slowly passing the houses. I made sure to stay away from the windows when they passed Alpha and the princess's house. They were looking in the windows. They were stupid, no one was here.

The car suddenly stopped in front of Ghost and Vanessa's house. I saw the guy take a picture of it. They were fucking perverts.

As soon as they pulled away I called Alpha. "What's going on?" He asked. I could hear rustling in the background, meaning Emily was also present.

"They are spying. Took a picture of Ghost's house." I informed.

"Fuck. He's not going to be happy. Why would they do that?" Alpha growled. I was angry too. Mess with one brother, mess with all of them.

"Anything over there?" I asked.

"No. Nothing." He sighed. The Skulls have been hiding in plain sight, I'm over it.

"How's Mel?" I asked. Alpha chuckled. He knew exactly what it felt like. He was as protective over Emily as he is the club.

"Awake still. Your light is still on." Alpha said. Just as I was about to ask more, I head Dorian whining in the background. "I have to go." He said. I grunted and hung up.

I stared at the screen for a bit before finally heading upstairs. I sat in the guest bedroom on the bed. Sleep wasn't easy. Especially since Mel was still awake too. Should I call her? I don't fucking know how to do this.

I decided to call her. Hearing her would make my brain calm down a bit.

I clicked her contact. One of the only ones I had besides the club guys. It didn't even finish the first ring before she picked up.

"Rage?" Her voice asked.

"Hello, Babygirl." I answered.

"Um, how's it going?" Mel asked. I chuckled at how shy she was. She wasn't a couple hours ago.

"Just fine.  Why aren't you sleeping." I asked. I heard her sigh before answering.

"I guess I'm just worried." She said. "I was dancing for a little bit." Fuck she's perfect.

"Why are you worried?" I asked her. Melanie still was technically new to the club life.

"Well, the Skulls are trying to kill you, and you are alone." She sounded stressed. I hated that. She shouldn't be.

"I'm fine. I've survived worse." I tried to assure her. These fuckers are very annoying and left me with some scars, but I will still take a motherfucker down.

"That's not comforting." Mel said. I could tell she was getting tired by how lazy her voice got.

"Go to sleep." I told her.

"See you tomorrow." She yawned. I quickly hung up the phone before I continued talking.

She would most likely fall asleep in the next ten minutes, which meant I could close my eyes. I set my phone down on the side table before laying down. It was odd sleeping somewhere I've never spent more than a day at. I liked sleeping in my own place, where Mel is.

Eventually I closed my eyes and accepted the rare sleep.
———

When I awoke it was bright outside. I checked my phone to find it was seven. The club is awake by now. At least I hope the fucking are. Whenever I'm gone they think the rules don't apply anymore.

I got up and changed from my previous clothes to ones I had brought. It was just a simple pair of jeans and a white shirt. I put my cut on as I do everyday.

I checked the windows and door before leaving on my bike. A little peace before I had to go worry about club business.

Before I even pulled up I knew exactly what was wrong. No bikes were out and the bar was quiet except for my enforcers. Who were useless.

"Where the fuck is everyone?" I asked Ghost and Cerberus. Both stood up when they heard me.

"Sleeping." Ghost sighed.

"Alpha?" I raised a brow. Cerberus nodded. Prick has a baby and sleeps in.

I check the clock again. Almost eight. Alpha will be up by then. For Dorian's sake I will wait to wake everyone up. He'd be here at eight on a usual day anyway. The only reason he wasn't at Logan last night was because I was gone.

Instead I head down the hall to my bedroom. The door was unlocked. I'll have to talk to Mel about that.

I opened the door to find her sleeping peacefully. Waking her will be a pain.

I step towards the bed and brush her hair from her face. Her skin glowed in the morning sunlight. The soft skin of her scar showing more against her skin.

I placed my cut on a chair before sitting down on the bed. Sharing a room with Mel would take some getting used to. I'm used to it just being me. My entire life. I spent most of my childhood in my own room. The club was the only thing I've ever known. The time in my life between then was black and white. Something I hope to forget.

I finally got up and left the room. Deciding to eat something before I woke the club up. Church was needed immediately. Especially since last night. Fucking idiots.

It was about to be an interesting morning.