XXIX

Melanie

Finally, we made it home. The guys have not let us alone. Alpha and Emily planned to move back into their home, as well as the other couples, as soon as they recuperate. I still felt weak. It's been a few days but we were stuck in those cells for a few weeks. Dom's birthday was the day they found us. I attempted to make something, but he said having me back was enough. I was still planning on doing something.

Right now I was staring at the ceiling. It was eleven o'clock at night and I can't sleep. Dominic was in a meeting so I decided to wait until he returned.

I pressed my hand into my stomach. I was always skinny, considering I had to be to fit my father's standards. He said a ballet dancer was always petite and small. I dance with many thicker girls, those rules don't necessarily apply anymore. If you are a good dancer, most companies will accept you. Plus all the conditioning is enough to loose fifty pounds in a few months.

I was startled by the door clicking open. Dominic entered clearly tired. He had already taken a shower so he just through his shirt and jeans off before sliding into bed next to me. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me as close as possible. He threw a leg over mine and buried his face in my hair.

"Goodnight, Babygirl." He murmured. I smiled.

"Night, my love."

It didn't take long for sleep to come over me.
———

Why here? Why now?

I stood in the parking lot of the mall wit Dominic, Alpha, Zane, and Emily. We all had gone shopping, but now my father stood staring at us from his car.

"What the hell?" Zane said. I felt the same.

My father began walking towards me. Every step felt made my heart speed up. Why was he here?

"I'm here for my daughter." My father said. I was not his daughter.

"Go back home, Henry." Alpha sighed. My father really was an inconvenience, I guess that meant I was too.

"No." Henry reached out and snatched my arm. I tried to yank it back, but it was no use. He tugged me back to his car. I looked back to see if Dominic would help me, or anyone. Alpha had a hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"Dominic! Please!" I called. I struggled as best as I could. My arm was beginning to bruise.

"You are only a burden." Dominic rolled his eyes before turned around. "Great while it lasted." He called.

No, please.

"Dominic! Emily! Please, I can't go back!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" My father gripped my hair and pushed me into the car. I cried as Dominic glared at me.
——

I jumped up with a start. Just a dream.

Tears were streaming down my face and my hair was sticking to my forehead. A bad dream.

I looked at Dominic next to me. He was sleeping soundly, peacefully even. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. He was not the same as the man in the dream. Dominic wouldn't leave me with my father, right?

I leaned over and shook him. "Dominic?" I whispered. His stirred slightly and hummed. Urging me to continue. "Um, you wouldn't leave me with my father. Right?" I asked. He hummed again before he woke up startled.

"What? Why the fuck would I do that?" He growled. He was gripping my chin tightly. He did not like that question.

"I just had a dream. You- you left me with him, and- and said I was a burden. I'm not am I?" I asked. Dominic sighed. Maybe I was.

"You aren't a burden. I love you." He brought me into him and tucked my head under his chin. He was really warm. "Don't think like that again."

"What if my dad comes to the club again." I sniffed. I would hate if he destroyed their property again because of me.

Rage sighed something quickly. I tried to keep up, I still wasn't the best at it.

I'll take care of it. Dominic signed. I'm so glad Vanessa thought me as much as possible while rotting on those cells.

"I just want this to be over with." I said. Dominic left a small kiss on my temple. He laid me back down and pressed em close to him.

"Just sleep." He said. He nuzzled his nose against my neck before placing small kisses along my collar bone. How was I supposed to sleep with him teasing me.

"Dominic." I groaned. He let out a dark chuckle. He placed a soft kiss on my lips before practically laying on top of me.

"What if he does get me?" I asked. Dominic tightened his grip. I could tell he didn't want to think about it.

"Go to sleep." He demanded. I sighed. No way was I going to get him to talk about this. Instead I ran fingers through his hair. It was really soft. Kind of like what you'd expect those models hair to feel like.

Dominic's breathing evened out as he succumbed to sleep. My eyes started becoming heavy as I matched my breathing with his.

I didn't think I'd ever feel like this for anyone. I've thought about it a lot before. I am just surprised that someone like Dominic loves me. I have a very unflattering scar ruining my face and this god of a man claimed me. The girls warned me of the men's clinging and obsession problem. I didn't expect Dominic to actually go that far with me. He clung to me everywhere, especially now.

Dominic's breathing lulled me to sleep. A peaceful sleep.