XXXV

Melanie

It's been a couple days since I got here. I've gone to dance everyday. The difference today was it was a Wednesday. The studio is closed on Sunday's and Wednesdays.

My father would not let me leave my room. He gave me a meal at eight, noon, and five. He would make me wake up at six every morning.

Even though it has only been a few days, it feels like much more. I have to secretly apply lotion to my tattoo and hope Henry doesn't come in. Unfortunately today, he was forcing me to wear a dress with spaghetti straps. The top of the bandaged showed. Maybe I can come up with an excuse.

The dress was dark blue. It was mid thigh and a straight neckline. Where ever we are going, it was fancy.

"Ready?" My father called out. I sighed. I definitely was not ready. I wanted to lie in the bed and disappear. I do not want to live like this anymore. I want to go back to Dominic. Why did I agree to come here.

I took the ring off my finger and set it inside my dance bag. I know he wouldn't go searching in there, if he did I'd tell him someone might have dropped it in there.

I knocked on the bedroom door which was opened a minute later. My father stood on a black suit. Where are we going?

"Go ahead." My father gestured down the hall. I took a deep breath in before continuing. He can definitely see the bandage. "The hell is that?" He asked. Dang it.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"What is that bandage?" Henry asked. I took a deep breathe in before answering.

"I just hurt myself." I said.

"Show me." I could hear as his footsteps got closer. I panicked when he started to remove the bandaid. I knew if I flinched away, he'd be suspicious. I just let him take it off.

I swore as he stopped and stared at the tattoo. "What the fuck! You leave for five months and get a tattoo. They are a bad influence. Now you ruined your body!" My father yelled. I almost laughed. I had a scar running down my face.

"I chose to get this." I mumbled. Next thing I knew I was shoved to the ground.

"Your a slut! You are wasting your career. Would your mother have wanted this?" He screamed at me. Why didn't he love me like a father should. He should be happy I found a man who treats me well.

"She would be happy I'm happy!" I yelled back. This sudden confidence suddenly flowing through me. I wanted to see Dominic again and I will.

"Your a waste! Go sit in the kitchen." He pointed to the other room. I sighed before walking over there. I was stuck in a jail cell for two weeks. Whatever he plans might not be as bad. The worst he's done is use the knife. I'd be used to it by now.

I just wish he treated me like a daughter. Not a money source. I wish I had my mother still. Would life be different? Maybe I wouldn't have met Dominic. I might have married a nice boy I met at a dance company. Or maybe a businessman. Perhaps I wouldn't of been married at all. I would focus on dance. I'd try and get lead roles or audition for a big company.

Actually, I'm glad my dad is a douche. I'm glad I met Dominic. I'm glad I didn't have the chance to date a boy. I'm glad I met a man. A man that doesn't treat me like garbage.

"Let's solve your little problem." I heard my father say as he entered the room. He was carrying something. It had a plug and it looked like a stick. Oh no, he was carrying a blow torch! What was he doing with that!?

"What's that for?" I asked. He smirked and plugged it into the wall. He set it down as it started to heat up. That was dumb.

"We need to remove the blemish." Henry smiled. I'm sure my face looked like one of horror.

"I promise I'll cover it up! I didn't mean to get it!" I started arguing my case. How can this man be called my father anymore. He wanted to burn my tattoo off!

"It will just sting a little bit. You had to of gone through pain to get it." Henry laughed. He was actually insane!

He moved back over the the torch and picked it up. He tested it a few and laughed when the flames shot out.

"Please! There's a girl at the studio that is tattooed!" I tried to save myself. He could kill me. As much as death would be saving me from him, I don't want to die.

"She isn't you. You have a chance." Henry took a step closer and turned on the torch. I flinched and tried to stand up. He pushed me back down and gripped my shoulder. "Hold still!"

I closed my eyes anticipating the burn. I didn't feel anything until an excruciating feeling overtook my back. It was more like a cold feeling than hot.

I screamed as I fell against the table. My back felt like it was getting split open. I could feel tears falling from my eyes but I wasn't aware of what I was feeling. I was overtaken by pain. I could just hear the blaring of the torch behind me. I didn't stay awake for long. The last thing I saw was a small fire starting on the edge of the table. Than everything was dark.