XL

Long chapter today.
Also check out my new tiktok. I probably won't post much but I have one post
Here is the username-
kn.writing
———
Rage

Finally we get to fucking leave. This hospital was beginning to make me sick myself. Seeing Melanie try and grow her strength back has been painful and I'm ready to bring her home. To our home.

"Make sure the bandages are regularly changed as well as ointment put on the burns. It will be a while until they become fully healed. I would suggest visiting a doctor back at your home." The doctor said as she read a piece of paper. She handed us a packet of paper work that I now had to fill out and send back eventually. I hate hospitals. Fuck health, they want my money. "The nurse at reception will sign you out." The doctor said before turning and leaving. I scowled at her retreating back before Melanie place a gentle hand on mine.

"Get me out of here. I'm ready to go home." She said. I nodded and helped her stand. Fortunately she had already changed.

Once down in the lobby, I signed her out as fast as possible. I had to sign some bullshit and pay for a food fee. Which I didn't even look at. I just put my card in and walked out. I want to take Melanie home.

Luckily the guys had left me a car. I loaded Melanie in before getting in myself. I took a deep breath in before starting the car. Here we go on a four day drive.
——

Fucking eight hours and we've made it to New York. Melanie was watching the scenery out the window. She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve me. If she hadn't met me she wouldn't have been burned like that. She wouldn't be in any pain. It's all my fault for letting her go. All my fault for causing her to get the damned tattoo in the first place. Everything is my fault. I should have just left her at that coffee shop. It would have been safer for both of us.

"Dominic?" Her concerned eyes look over at me when she picks up on my anger. My hands were white I was holding the steering wheel so tight. "Why don't we stop to rest? It's nine o'clock." She said. Rest. Right. She needed rest. And food.

I nodded and pulled off at the next town. It happened to be a town with very nice accommodations. I pulled into the most expensive looking hotel hoping they had good room service.

"Dom? What are we doing here? Why don't we stay somewhere cheaper?" Melanie asked. Her voice calming my nerves slightly.

"No, we will rest here." I said. Melanie didn't say anything. She just waited for me to get her door. I grabbed a suitcase from the trunk before handing the keys to a valet. Melanie thanked the man after I walked away. I was not in the mood for formalities.

The lobby was pretty empty. Only a few men dressed in expensive suits lounged around. Fuckers. They probably think they are better than everyone here. I'm sure most of them run business with criminals. Though I can't say much.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" The woman at the front desk asked. I could tell she was trying to subtly check me out. It wasn't working. I'm sure she's seen enough I candy in the last twelve hours.

"One room, one night." I said. Melanie pulled on my sleeve slightly hinting at something. I sighed. "Please." I grumbled out.

"Perfect. We have one open with a king. Is that alright?" She asked. She flicked her hair across her shoulder. She definitely was trying to get my attention. Does she not she Melanie standing fucking beside me. Clearly this woman thought she was better.