XX

Rage

Dammit this girl was trying to kill me. When she repeated my name back to me, it made a new emotion erupt in me. I fell deeper for this girl. And she's trying to learn sign language for me.

Fuck I wanted her to be my mate. We just needed to get past all this shit.

She was still sleeping peacefully next to me. Alpha and Emily were still in the next room with doc. As far as I was aware Emily was still in labor. I know little about having a child. I didn't even want a mate. Now that is all I want, with Melanie.

"Rage, how are you doing, man." Cerberus knocked quickly on the door before entering. Didn't even wait for me to say it was ok.

"Would be doing better if you knew fucking boundaries." I glared at him. He just shrugged and sat in a chair.

"I made this." He handed me his sketchbook. The page was open to a design he had drawn. It was a large wolf comforting a girl in a ballet tutu. Much like Melanie's costume during her show.

"For her?" I asked. Cerberus nodded. I glanced down at Melanie. She would have to see the design first, but she will be getting a mate tattoo.

I nodded towards Cerberus and gestured him to leave. He put his hands up before leaving, closing the door on his way out.

I turned back to Mel. I traced her scar carefully reminding myself that I will kill her father. I should have killed him at the club that day. Now we have to actually look for him.

I pulled Melanie closer to me by her waist. Her small body fit comfortably against mine. I found myself slipping into unconscious. Eventually falling into a comfortable sleep for the first time in awhile.
——

When I woke up Melanie was already awake. She was trying to sneak out of the bed. I yanked her waist  back to lay down.

"I need to go out there!" She pushed on my arm, my good arm. My bad arm was unmoving by my side. It still hurts when I lifted it wrong. My side and leg weren't a big problem, only if I bumped them. "Emily is yelling." Melanie said. That's when I heard the yelling.

I let Melanie go, after I quickly kissed her wrist. A soft blush graced her face before she rushed out of the room. Damn, she was gorgeous.

I sat up decided I might as well join her. My alpha was in there, and I sure as hell wasn't missing the birth of his first child.

I stood up wincing at the slight pain in my leg and side. If I was at the club I would have already been moving. If my women and doc wasn't keeping such a close eye on me, I would be here too.

I threw in a t-shirt before heading out the door. The girls were all sitting on a couch in the lounge. The twins were sitting in chairs obviously very stressed. The rest of the boys were doing whatever the fuck Alpha told them to.

"Rage!" Hannah smiled gently. She was stressed too.

I grunted not feeling like talking. I sat down next to Melanie keeping far away from anyone else.

"How are you feeling?" Josie asked me. She was sitting in a chair opposite the other girls. She always seemed off to me. Maybe because she was quieter than the other girls.