XII

So sorry that I didn't post Wednesday! I had a pom camp and had no time to do anything. I literally got back to my room at nine every night and still had practice with my team.
Hope this makes up for it.
😏
———

Melanie

Twenty minutes had passed already. Rage really was refusing to talk. He just downed the whiskey in his hand. Honestly I was worried about what whiskey can cause him to do.

"Rage, I really don't think the alcohol can help." I said softly.

"You understand I have anger issues, correct?" Rage asked. I was taken back by the sudden question. Didn't everyone? Not that it changes how I feel about him.

"Yes..." I answered.

"You also understand I have a very important role in the club?" He asked another question. This was the most I've heard him speak to anyone and it's scaring me.

"Yes. Your the Sargent at Arms." I said. He nodded.

"Good." He took the last swig of whiskey before slamming it down on the counter. "If alpha calls me for anything I have to drop everything and go." Rage explained.

"Rage, I know, the girls have explained the club dynamics to me. Why are you asking me all these questions?" I asked.

He didn't answer. He just kept his eyes straight ahead. How much whiskey had he had?

"I'm going back to the clubhouse. I'll wait five minutes, if you aren't out there I'm leaving." Rage said and got up to leave. I watched him walk away from me. His body still tense, as always.

Did I say something? I told the girls this wasn't good.

I got up to follow him outside. He was already on the bike. It wasn't on but he was sitting on it.

"Rage, I can't get on that bike with you." I said. He looked at me with a glare.

"Why not?" He asked. He was clearly upset.

"You just drank a whole bottle of whiskey. You shouldn't even be on that bike." I crossed my arms.

"Won't be my first time." Rage chuckled. Why was he so careless? Did he not care wether he died or not?

"Rage, I'm sure Logan has plenty of rooms." I tried to reason.

"Worried?" Rage asked. I couldn't tell if he was teasing or asking sarcastically. He was always monotone.

"Of course I am Rage. You are trying to drive with a full bottle of whiskey in your system." I said. If Rage got hurt, I would only blame myself.

"Get in the bike, Melanie." Rage said again. I'm suddenly getting deja vu.

Rage started the bike and waited. I, however, refused to move. I just glared at him.

"I'll have the girls bring anything you forgot." Rage sighed. "Just get on my bike so I can take you back to the clubhouse." He said. It's like he was begging me at this point. What was so important about me going back?

"Fine. Please don't crash." I said before getting on. I can't help but give in to his face. Though I'm sure a lot of other people would run from it.

"Never." Rage said before taking off.

He didn't start as slow this time. I would have fallen off the bike if I didn't elbow to wrap my arms around him.

He sped all the way back to the club house. It was really exhilarating, but scary. All of the times I thought we wouldn't make the light or we would hit someone's car, Rage proved me wrong. If we did manage to hit a light, he would rest a hand on mine while the other stayed on the handles. It was very comforting.

When we made it back to the clubhouse, I was lucky to be alive. As much as riding a bike is fun, it's better to be on the ground by choice.

"Inside." Rage ordered. I looked at him wondering if he was mad. It was very harsh in the way he directed me.

I followed his order and headed inside before him. The bar was empty and so were all the tables. I guess once Alpha is gone, so are you.

"Where is everyone?" I asked Rage. He just huffed and sat on a bar stool.

"Home or rooms." He finally said. I nodded and sat down next to him.

"Why'd you ask me all those questions earlier?" I asked him.

"Making sure you understood." He said.

"I do, but why? Do I have to join the club?" I asked.

"Alpha will do that." Rage seemed very dismissive of the subject, he must not want to talk.

"I'll leave you alone." I sighed and hopped off the stool. I'm sure I've got things to do anyway.

I started walking to my room when Rage caught my arm. I was surprised by the sudden movement but turned to him. He looked like he had something to say, but didn't say anything. He just stared at me.

"Rage?" I asked confused.

"I asked you those questions for another reason." He said. His eyes stayed on me as he continued. "I want you to understand in case you ever became a mate."

That surprised me. I barely know anyone enough to become a mate yet. Not that I'd want to be a mate. If I'm being honest with myself, I'd choose Rage over any of the other bikers here.

"Rage, no one has shown enough interest in me to become a mate." Besides you. I thought to myself.

Rage yanked my arm so I stepped closer to him. He wrapped an arm around my waist and the other was still on the bar.

I looked up at him expecting something. Before I could react, he brought his lips down on mine. I was shocked. Rage does not seem like the kind of person to just go for a kiss.

It took me a minute but I kissed him back. I tangled both of my hands in his hair as he deepened the kiss. This man can kiss.

It was amazing. I've only ever kissed one guy before. My high school crush. It quickly ended though when dad found out about him. He said it would ruin my chances of being a real ballerina if I got a boyfriend.

Now I have a choice, and I want to try again with Rage.

When Rage finally pulled away, I was out of breathe. Rage's look had darkened. Did that mean he liked it? I know I definitely did.

"Melanie," He said as he placed a large hand on my cheek. "Was that ok?" He asked me. I nodded.

"I liked it." I confessed. Rage chuckled.

"Me too."