XV

Melanie

It's been a few days since we have gotten to the safe house. It was very cozy and cute. None of the girls have heard from their mates and it's scaring us. Rage hasn't sent me anything either.

Right now we are relaxing in the living room. Darius was doing something in the office while we talked.

"Melanie, you don't know much about us yet? Do you?" Vanessa asked. I shook my head.

"Just basic stuff." I shrugged. If they didn't want to share I wasn't going to push it.

"Well, I'll tell you about myself." Hannah said. "I've been at the club since I was eighteen. I'm twenty-two now. I was put in the sex-trafficking ring when I was thirteen. I never had parents so I was raised by the foster system. I was adopted by a sweet couple when I was eight. They were really nice until they disappeared. Apparently the women escaped the ring. So they found us and took me. I was... raped," Hannah took a minute to wipe a stray tear away.

"Hannah, you don't-" I tried to tell her she didn't have to continue.

"No no, this is good." She continued. "When I turned seventeen I escaped. My last owner was an old lazy man. He didn't even notice me leaving. I ran for three months before I ended up here. Rage found me actually." Hannah smiled at me. I blushed understanding what she was hinting at. "I was stealing food from a dumpster. I was deathly afraid of that large man. He forced me into his truck, which at the time I was afraid I'd be kidnapped again. Luckily he brought me back here, doc fixed me up and I was good as new. Than I met Rogue. He was really rough at first, a fuck boy. Eventually he started becoming possessive over me as the men here do." Hannah rolled her eyes. "And now here we are." She smiled at her belly. There was still not a prominent bump, but if she lifted her shirt she had a small one.

"Every time." Emily sniffed. She was crying.

Hannah laughed. "You cry at everyone's story."

"I'm glad you ended up here." I smiled at Hannah.

"Me too. I wouldn't have such great friends if I didn't." Hannah said.

"And I think Rogue would still be lost." Vanessa smiled.

"I'm sure Alpha is happier to have you to keep him in check." Emily smiled. I forgot that she calls him by his title around others. I wonder what Rage's real name is.

"Do you guys always call your mates by their road names?" I asked the girls.

"Only in the club. I guess we don't have to here." Vanessa shrugged.

"Has Rage told you his name?" Josie asked. I shook my head.

"Do you guys not know his name?" Shouldn't they if they've been here long enough?

"Nope! The guys have strict rules. Only alpha and Logan know their names. The next person to know is their mate." Hannah explained.

I tilted my head in confusion. What if they were really hurt and needed to be admitted into the hospital. Wouldn't they need their name?

I wonder if Rage would even tell me his name. We technically just kissed. We haven't confessed anything. I know I like Rage. I wouldn't mind being with him, but I don't know how he felt.