XVI

Melanie

I paced the living room nervously. Rage didn't come to the phone yesterday and he wasn't answering any of the texts we were sending out. Alpha had said he was fine, just sent out to take care of some business. I knew what that meant, but it made me nervous that he hasn't answered in the last twenty-four hours.

I also started noticed the extra men standing outside. Darius had said they would be there and Logan had sent them. I still wondered what he really did.

"He's fine. Rage is least likely to get hurt." Hannah assured me.

"That's what you all keep saying." I sighed. It still bothered me that he wouldn't answer. I understand that he is one of the most important members, but it didn't stop my worrying. I cared for this man, more than I probably should after so little time.

"Rage is very dedicated to the club. His phone is probably in his room. He wouldn't want any distractions." Hannah placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded in understanding. I guess I would be distracting if I kept calling him.

"I just hope they get this figured out before I have this baby!" Emily complained from the couch. She was rubbing her bump and aggressively switching though the tv channels.

"Alpha said he will be here in time." Josie rolled her eyes. Emily had gotten more aggravated since the call yesterday. I'm not sure what Alpha said, but it wasn't something she liked.

"He's got five more days." Emily huffed.

"Josie are you worried about anyone?" Vanessa asked. Josie's cheeks reddened slightly.

"I already said I don't want to get involved with anyone yet." She said. She sounded like she was holding something back. Like maybe it wasn't just because of her ex-boyfriend.

"I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind a little attention." Emily laughed. "He's always the serious one."

"I swear, someone so much as says shit around you and he goes crazy. As if your mate isn't an actual psychopath." Hannah laughed.

"At least he's a good cook." Vanessa shrugged.

"I feel like I'm the least liked twin." We all looked towards the voice. Darius was leaning against the wall in the hallway.

"Maybe you are." Emily teased. Darius put his handed on his heart and acted as if he was hurt.

"That hurts." He said. Emily giggled and shook her head.

"I'm kidding!" She smiled.

"How are you feeling?" Darius asked. Emily sighed. I'm sure the stress was harder on her. Her mate was hours away and she was almost ready to give birth.

"Scared." Emily said. "W- What happens if L- Lucian gets H- hurt again." She stuttered. I still find it hard to believe that she stutters. She's so expressive.

"He won't let that happen again." Darius reassured her.

The girls had mentioned something about Lucian getting injured. I'm not sure what really happened, but it affected Emily bad. One thing I noticed in this club is all of the mates are obsessive. I saw Vanessa get a glance from one of the hang-arounds, and Ghost took no time to kick him out. I've seen that with a lot of other times too.

They were very protective of the entire club as well. I had never known a lot about MCs. I never needed to. So I thought they would be big brutes that were always grumpy and cheated on their wives with younger biker bunnies. But, I have not seen any of the mates even glance at another women. They always have the girls by them. I've seen names twisted into their tattoos as well. It was like a big family. And currently I don't fit in. Josie at least helps around the clubhouse. Cleaning, cooking, or sometimes working at the actual club. I just hang around the girls and Rage.

I was broken from my thoughts by Vanessa. She tapped my arm and looked at me with a worried expression. "Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yes." I smiled. I really need to get out of my head today.

"I know this is really sudden, but what exactly did you dad do to you?" Emily pointed to her face gesturing to my scar. I placed my own hand over it. It was a bad memory.

"It was an accident. I was late for a dance class because I had to walk. He was cutting up fruit and um accidentally swiped me." I said. I knew it wasn't an accident. He turned directly towards me and slashed at me.

"I don't think that was an accident." Josie raised a brow. Darius nodded.

"How many other times did he harm you?" Hannah asked. I refused to catch their eyes. These girls have gone through much more than me. I just had a father who liked money too much. "Mel?" Hannah asked again.

"A f- few times." I stuttered. I hated talking about this. The scar on my face was hard to cover and I felt sick every time I saw it in the mirror. I remember it bleeding all over my bed that night. I had bandaged it up but it still soaked through. I hated the way my face looked. And now I carried that with me.

"How has no one noticed? Don't you dress with other girls behind stage?" Emily asked. She had now managed to sit up to look at me.

"They aren't very big." I shrugged. My father wanted me to look good in my pictures.

"Does Rage know?" Josie asked. I shook my head. He just knows of my father. He has no idea what he did.

"Well when he does, we are all in for hell." Hannah laughed. I smiled lightly. I'm sure Rage would be very upset. Emily had said he was not fond of abusers. And I've learned his temper is not very good. But he does look good defending me.

I shook my head trying to clear my head. My cheeks had gone red just from that thought.

"Oh? Have something to share?" Hannah teased. I quickly shook my head no. "Well that blush says otherwise?" Hannah smirked. "Thinking of our resident anger issues." She said. I smiled at her referring to Rage as the anger issues himself. As if he was the embodiment of it.

"He is not anger issues." I shook my head. They were just teasing me.

"I don't know, I've seen him crush a glass in his hand because a biker bunny touched his arm." Vanessa said. "Imagine what he'd do if someone touched you?" She joked. Vanessa seemed like the most innocent out of the group, but her comments always made me think otherwise.

Oh, he'd go berserk." Darius chuckled. He had finally sat down in a chair. It was funny how easily he fit in.

"Exactly!" Hannah smiled. "If Alpha can slit a man's throat for stepping on the same ground as his mate, Rage would destroy anyone who glanced at you."

"L- Lucian slit someone's throat?" I asked hushed, as if someone was listening in on us.

"Many times." Vanessa nodded. I looked over to Emily. She only shrugged. The girls were correct on these men being psycho.