Chapter - 22 - The Real Truth

Jason

🚨Warning this chapter includes child abuse and sexual assault 🚨

She thinks I don't trust her. She's wrong. I'm just a fucking coward. She has the right to know about everything. She doesn't deserve any of these. I don't care what she thinks, but I need to tell her the truth.

"It started when I was 7 years old..... We are a big family. For my grandfather, family is everything. He just wanted everyone to lead a healthy and happy life. My f-fa.....", I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes......I feel a soft touch on my shoulder. I opened my eyes.....she was in front of me. She didn't said anything but I felt like she was saying that she is with me.

This was enough for me to proceed. "My f-father, 'Victor Knight', and my uncle both worked together for the company.We were the picture perfect family. We used to be so happy. I had a good relationship with my father. Everything was going well, b-but my father started to act weird. He rarely used to come home, or any of our family occasions. My mama was worried about him, because he didn't spend time with us, but she was always there for me and Arlo. Arlo was just 3 years old. We both used to play and have fun", I smile while remembering the memories.

But my smile drops down as I further continue, "One day my mother decided to meet Victor in his office. S-she......she caught him cheating on her......with his secretary. She w-was broken, completely shattered. I never saw my mother so broken. She forgot her own dreams for him and he cheated on her. I remember our whole family was devastated because of him. Everyone got to know about his affair through media", I look at her and she was already looking at me with a sad face.

"He started blaming everything on my mother. But my grandfather trusted my mother more than him. After many arguments they finally came up with the divorce. My mother wanted the custody of mine and Arlo. But Victor didn't back down. He said he wanted to take custody of mine. He said he will not sign the divorce papers if he didn't had anyone's of our custody".
My hands started to shake when I remember everything. Kira placed her hand on top of mine.

She gives me a small nod, so I can continue, "My mother eventually got the custody of Arlo because he was small. Mine was a tough one. My case took more time than Arlo's case. But Victor knew that my mother will win the custody of mine too, because he cheated on her. One day he came to me and said that he missed me. We both had a perfect father and son bonding. My mother didn't wanted this to happen. At that time period I used to live with him. My grandfather fired him from his own company. I was just a kid I didn't understand anything, but I really thought that Victor would take a good care of me".
An unwanted chuckle escapes from my lips, realizing that I was so stupid back then.

"My family got disturbed because of him. The other night he just took me to another city and my family had no idea about it. He wanted to escape from the mess that he created. Things were not easy for him. As he struggled to get a job. His so called secretary was also living with us. No doubt, she always treated me as a burden, but because of my father she kept quiet. Victor was an egoistic man, he didn't like to be worked under someone. Everything started to be messy".
I take a moment to calm my emotions.

Her hand is on top of mine. She runs her thumb back and forth and soon it relaxes me. I hurt her so bad, but here she is.....always by my side, comforting me.
"Victor couldn't keep up with the job nor any company wanted to hire him because of his reputation. His girlfriend got a job and he was jobless. They both started having fights and arguments with each other. One day she just packed her bags and left and said that she doesn't want to live with him because he had no money and said that she was fed up of me.

My legs started shaking. My whole body was shaking in pure fear as I continue to tell her further.

"I think you are tired. It's enough for today, you sh____".
"No", I stop her. I know it's going to bring all memories back, but it's more important to tell her the truth.