Chapter 1: The beginning

"Howdy," Ryan wishes the shopkeeper.

"The regular?" The shopkeeper asks Ryan

"Yup, Thank you" He thanks the shopkeeper and takes a seat. He looks outside the window.

The year is 3020 on planet Expance-4300. Filled to the brim with tall skyscrapers to tiny nanobots. Fly cars rule the sky, Floating mopeds rule the land it's like nothing you've ever seen before. You could fulfil your basic necessities with a press of a button, The world is doing great. It's like heaven on earth or should I say Expance-4300, But it's not for everyone.

"Here's your order Mr Trahan" The shopkeeper calls out to Ryan.

"Thank you, Jim" Ryan thanked him as he collected his order.

"My pleasure. You should get one of those Robots that would do things for you, Ryan. It would save you the hassle" Jim said.

"Why? Don't you like seeing me every day, Jim" He asked Jim with a smile.

"It's not like that, I like having your company sometimes," Jim confesses. "It could save your time" he continued

"Thank you for the advice mate," Ryan said as he sat down. "So, How's your day been?" Ryan asked Jim.

"Just the usual" Jim said.

"I know right? It's just so...Boring" Ryan bursts out. "Like every day I wake up, come down here pick up my iced coffee, go to work, eat, work, sleep then repeat," Ryan continued as he sipped his coffee.

"Well, It's not that bad. I got my shop, my children. What more can I ask for?" Jim countered back.

"I'm glad that you're happy," Ryan said as he sipped his coffee. "Maybe it's just me,"

"I'm pretty sure you'll find something" Jim commented.

"Gotta dash!" Ryan said as he checked the time. "See ya later, Jim"

"Good day"

"You too," Ryan said as he rushed out.

Ryan stood at the bus stand waiting for the bus. He tapped his feet frustratedly.

"Why is the bus late?" He asked the supervisor station at the bus stand.

"There's been a break down" he answered not looking away from his phone.

"How long will it take?" Ryan asked frustratedly

" 'bout..." The Supervisor said as he got distracted on his phone.

"About?" Ryan waited for an answer. He sighs. "Mister?" He forces the supervisor to put his phone down. "Now you put that phone down and tell me where the good damned bus is" Ryan bursts out.

"It'll take an hour! Okay?" The supervisor said as he retrieved his phone back.

"Screw this" Ryan said Frustrated."TAXII!" He yelled trying to flag down one. But they flew by ignoring him. He couldn't get their attention cause he was short. After a few failed attempts he decided to make a run for it.

Right after he finished running for a good few minutes he saw the bus coming from afar.

"Hey!" He waves trying to stop the bus. "Stop! I have to get on!" He shouted. They didn't stop cause it was not a bus stop. The rules are followed very seriously in Expance.

"OH C'MON" He yelled and resumed running.

The city was beautiful. Surrounded by skyscrapers everywhere with plants hanging down from them. Ryan bursts open the doors of a skyscraper. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. The floor was marble with beautiful designs, the roof was lit with chandeliers.