Chapter 4: A new world

"Here" The old man tosses something to Ryan but he fails to catch it.

"I'm sorry," he said as he picked it up. Ryan scoffs "A coin?" He said weighing it in his hands. It's a gold coin with a button in the middle with carvings on either side of it. "At least I could sell it for a good buck"

"Press the button, Ryan" The man commanded.

"Sure," Ryan said as he hovers his hand over the button. "How would I know this won't suck me into a black hole or something," Ryan asked suspiciously.

"Why would it?" The old man asked.

"I don't know? My mom said-"

"Just press the damn button," The man said frustrated.

"Jeez Wizz, Fine" Ryan said pressing the button.

Light erupts from it revealing rows upon rows of the armoury.

"Holy shit!" Ryan exclaimed.

"These will help defeat the dragon," The old man said proudly admiring his collection.

"I knew you wouldn't leave me alone in that world with only a penny" Ryan exclaimed happily as he eyes one of the weapons. A marvellous katana with golden rims and red carvings. He reaches out for it but his hand sinks right through it.

"Holograms?" Ryan asked "I guess I spoke too soon," He mumbled as looked at the katana. He notices a sign below it. "15 grand?" He exclaimed! "You're selling these?" Ryan asked the man viciously.

"Yes," The man said.

"I only have a penny! This is like rubbing salt on my wounds, not cool man" Ryan said as he eyed another weapon. His jaw dropped.

"Is that the Excalibur!?" Ryan asked stunned, thunderstruck. "And the Mjolnir?"

"How do you put a price on these!?" Ryan asked.

"These are priceless, but I drew random numbers to make it easier for you," The man said.

"How am I supposed to get these from a penny!"

"I see some side quests for you to earn some little extra money," The man said smiling "you're welcome"

"How am I supposed to beat those?"

"They are easy to defeat. But you can't just bare-knuckle them, get those" He said pointing towards a pair of swords and a shield. "Those can defeat them if you use your brain," The man said.

"Alright, but five hundred bucks each"

"Get working then"

"What do you mean get working? How?"

"Work as any normal human being would,"

Ryan nods. "I'm going to defeat a dragon by working a day job"

"Get going then," The man said doing some hand gestures. A blue fog gathers

A blue portal opens up as the fog disperses.

"You're so cool," Ryan said.

"Thank you very much"

"Well, I do have infinite lives" Ryan shrugged." I don't think it would be that hard?" Ryan asked.