Chapter 10: Loophole

Ryan went back and forth with the plan. "He couldn't take away the stuff I buy pin earth right?" He thought as he rode his bike, He didn't know where he was going, But he was hoping to find a nice quiet place.

"I can't risk it though," Ryan thought, "That crazy old man could do anything,"

"Well, It would be worth a try," But that would mean that he could lose his bike and the money he currently has.

He was in a dilemma. He laid out a few basic plans if this loophole turns out to be real, First, he would gather a lot of money and buy 'earth stuff' so it can't be reset, Like invest in valuable metals if they have any? But he would need a lot of money to do so, or he could buy small stuff and sell them for profit, Like he's doing with candy but, not candy-- He couldn't even understand his own plan at first but believed he could strategize and put up a much better plan with a full belly.

So, he went to the nearest McDonald's and picked up 2 McChickens, He didn't want to eat there since it was so noisy, So he rode his bike for a few miles and found a beautiful lake surrounded by lush greenery. He sat down and began eating his McChickens and planning, Of course.

"Vegetables?" He said unwrapping one of them. Ryan was scared of vegetables since he was a kid, he wouldn't touch them, But he swallowed his pride and are them since he got no other options. Now, He began thinking, Really.

Well, first off he should secure a basic necessity, Food, In advance, if he gets reset back to a penny, Second off he needed to buy something comfortable to sleep on, He couldn't keep sleeping on a park bench, One It's highly uncomfortable and two he has to ride a bike all-day, He couldn't do it with a body full of unbearable cramps. Lastly--

Ryan's extreme brainstorming gets interpreted by a high-pitched shriek.

"What the-" Ryan jerked. Chills ran down his spine as he took another bite from his burger. "Excess mayonnaise," Ryan thought as he swallowed his burger. He turned back to the lake.

Must be a flying varmint or something, he saw loads of jt on the way here. Just as he relaxed, he heard another, This time a bit louder and clear. It's coming from the woods

It's no varmint, It's a girl.

"Hello?" He called out. He waited for an answer for a few seconds, he did get one, in the form of a muffled scream.

"Jeez," He flung up sensing danger. He carefully placed his half-eaten burger and trotted towards the woods making no noise.

He tip-toed a few meters in, The shrieks became louder and louder as he moved in. After a few more meters He stopped in his tracks, Whatever is attacking the girl can easily take him out too, he formulated a plan. He wanted to put some distance between who or whatever is attacking the girl, he had to attack from a distance.

He shortly climbed up a tree to see how far he was from 'them'. Turns out, He wasn't that far, He was almost directly above him, a hedge was separating them. He squinted his eyes to get a better look at the girl, She was tied up to a tree, Tears fell down from her jet-red eyes travelling to her taped mouth. She looked about 9.

He held on tight to one branch and waved his other hand to get the girl's attention. Ryan being Ryan, He failed miserably.

A woman suddenly came into view, Long blond hair covered her face, Her pale lips trembled longing for blood. Well, that's what Ryan thought of her. Think brown jacket, Black pants with knives attached to them and big boots covered her.

Ryan was terrified, but he couldn't just sit here staying safe and sound while that murderous woman tortured that poor girl, He had to do something.

"GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU FREAK," The girl screamed kicking the air.

The woman didn't seem fazed, She picked up a knife from her pocket and was approaching the girl.

Ryan decided to jump from tree to tree until he reaches the girl's tree, climb down, and untie her, Ryan didn't think about what to do next.

"You can do this, Ryan," he whispered to himself. "Don't screw up,"

He closed his eyes, prayed and jumped. He launched himself from the tree and extended his arm to reach the other, he barely touched the other tree, he dropped straight down,

"WOAhhhh! HOoly MaCo--," He fell on his back with a big thud. "Ow, My back," He coughed. She surely heard it.

"HELLLP!" The girl shrieked as he saw Ryan.

"I need someone to help me," Ryan muttered as tried getting up. But he was immediately forced down by the woman's boots.

Crack!

Ryan's bones relieved themselves from the sprain.

"Thank you," Ryan moaned as he gets relieved from the back pain. "You'd do better as a doctor," he said now trying to free himself from the woman's boots.

"Who are you?" The woman's deep voice growle.

"I'll do you a better one, Who are you!?"

"I was planning to kill only one person today," She snarled.

"I respect you restricting yourself from killing more than one person every day, but I feel extremely disrespected by you keeping me under your feet," Ryan said sarcastically.

She releases her feet from Ryan.

How gullible is this woman?

"Thank y--" Before he could get to his senses and thank her, he is greeted with a punch in his face. Ryan staggers back.

"For a second there, I thought you were really going to let me go,"

"Any last words?" She asked as she closed in on Ryan pinning him against the tree.

"Yeah,"