Chapter 12: A hero.

Frank stuffed a whole cupcake in his mouth.

"Jesus Frank, You're a freak," She said placing a plate of cupcakes on the table.

"Iwts Vwy Dwliwous," Frank said swallowing the cupcake and picking up another one.

"You're a 10-year-old in a 21-year-old body, You know that right?" She said picking up the TV remote.

"I'm aware of that," He said snatching the TV remote from her.

"Great," She said munching on a cupcake while Frank is eating one like a hooligan.

Frank was switching the TV channels for something interesting to watch, while Haylee didn't pay much attention to him, she looked outside through the window, What a nice day it is, the birds are singing, old people jogging, the sun beaming and business booming. Her dad would be on the moon when he returns from his holiday finding the shop filled with happy customers.

Meow The cat purred as it jumped on her.

"Hey buddy," She said rubbing its belly. She let out a soft chuckle, seeing Kyle now reminded her of Ryan's encounter with the cat. How scared was he? He acted as he had never ever seen a cat before. Poor Ryan, Kyle would have obliterated him.

"Iws Twat Rwayn?" Frank babbled.

Haylee came back to her senses. "What?" Haylee couldn't understand her and JJJ's voice was booming on the TV.

"Swallow you're fricking food," Haylee commented.

"Wvhan," Frank pointed toward the TV gulping down the food. Haylee turned her attention to the TV and almost dropped her jaw on the floor.

"That's right folks, This man saved the 9-year-old child that went missing yesterday," JJJ yelled.

The camera pans to Ryan who was flexing his none existent muscles.

"Tell us, Ryan, How did you do it!" JJJ asked Ryan.

"It's complicated, uh- I punched them, they threw daggers, I dodged like a master, I've been taking martial arts since I was 3," Ryan lied.

The bell chimes.

"Ryan?" Frank beamed.

"Yea," Haylee said her eyes fixed on the TV. He was scared of a cat two-three days ago, there's no way he took down a murderer and managed to rescue a girl without a scratch on him

"No. Ryan," Frank said shaking her shoulder.

"I can see tha--" She said removing her gaze from the TV. "Ryan!" She exclaimed as she saw him sitting calmly at a nearby table.

"Hey," He gave a toothy smile,

"Hey?" She said stitching her eyebrows.

"That's me," He said pointing at the TV.

"I can see that," Frank commented. "Did you seriously take whoever kidnapped the girl down?"

"I wouldn't be on the news if I didn't," Ryan said grinning like a child who got A+, "Watch the interview, I don't want you guys missing it,"

"I can get the basic idea," Haylee said sitting opposite to Ryan. "Did you kill them?"

Ryan was shaken by the question, Well it could be because of the cat in her hand, but you'll never know.

"I...Didn't," Ryan said, it's the exact opposite of what happened.

"Okay," She said.

"Would you like a coffee?" Frank asked.