Chapter 2: The wish.

"Are you sure it's real?" Ryan asked his father.

"I guess. It's either real or you're getting scammed out of your penny" Ryan's dad answered.

"Why don't you just try Ryan. It's not gonna hurt anyone," Ryan's mother added.

"A little trip won't hurt anyone I guess," Ryan said as he continued driving.

After 2 hours of driving, they finally reached their hometown. The scenery was gorgeous. The glorious Emerald sky surrounds the tall red mountains, acres and acres of lush green plants with beautiful orange flowers spotted across them. If the city was heaven what would you call this?

"Beautiful as always," Ryan said in a low voice.

After a few minutes, they reach an... eerie-looking building.

"That's the building?" Ryan asked confused.

"Yes!" His mother said as she jumped out of the car.

"Old man should get some housekeepers," Ryan commented. "Place looks destroyed"

"Hush. Don't be too harsh. It's been a long time since we've been here. Right, Ron?"

"Beautiful memories out here," Ryan's dad said inhaling a deep breath.

"There's the lake!" Ryan's mother squealed running towards it.

"You're going to fall!" Ryan's dad said as he followed her.

"You can leave without me alone I guess- that's cool," He said as he entered the building.

The building was made out of stone and had carvings all over it.

"Be careful what you wish for" Ryan read out loud a carving. "Okay. Thanks for the advice"

Ryan explored a little. Found some more carvings and sculptures.

"You must be the bald guy," Ryan said to a statue. "HOLY SHIT" Ryan screamed as he slips on a rock and fell. "What was that! Somethin-something fell on me" he talked to himself wiping his face. "Just water huh?" He looked up to find water leaking down.

"You should really get a plumber or something trust me those things will bring the whole place down," He said getting back up on his feet. He turned around to find a well.

"What this here before?" He asked the statue. He bends down to read some carvings on the well.

"Throw a penny in this well, Make a wish that would make you well? That's your motto?" He continued reading. "Be careful what you wish for. Words which are let out cannot be taken back,"

"Is that you're way of saying 'if something screws up I can't do shit?' " He asked the statue. "Alright" he reaches out in his pocket for a penny and throws it in the well. He turns around to face the old man.

"I wish, My life would have some change and not be so boring. Yeah, that's it. I want my life to be like the main character in a movie not like an NPC in a video game. But I dont want it to be do dangerous you know like you get shot, save the world kind of shit. I just want my life to be happy and entertaining" He wished. "I don't know if you know what I'm talking about," he said as he gave out a half chuckle.

He waited there for a few minutes. "Nothing changed," he said. "What did I expect!" He said laughing. "Well it was nice talking to you, Goodbye" he bit farewell to the statue and left.

"Did you make the wish?" His mom asked excitedly

"Yea. Very Life-changing," he said sarcastically.

"Come on Mike, Give him some time," his mother said.

"Fine, I'll drop you guys home," he said starting his car.

After a twenty-minute drive, Ryan was getting a little hungry. He spotted a coffee shop a few meters away in the middle of nowhere. But it doesn't matter Ryan's hungry and coffee is coffee no matter where you get it.

"Do you guys want some coffee?" he asked parking near a coffee shop

"Sure" His Mom and dad answered.

"You can wait here," Ryan said.

He entered the shop.

"Howdy," He wished the shopkeeper.

"Hello." The man greets back in a husky voice. He was in his 70s or 80s.

"1 iced coffee and 2 normal please" he ordered.

"Okay," The old man turned back to the machine.

"Nice shop," Ryan complimented.

"Thank you very much," The shopkeeper said cheerfully

"Pretty quiet out here huh" Ryan commented.

"Yes," the shopkeeper said as he placed Ryan's order on the counter.

"9 dollars and 99 cents," The shopkeeper said.

"Here" Ryan handed a ten-dollar bill and collects his order.

"Here," The shopkeeper said as he placed a penny on the counter.

"It's okay, you can have it," Ryan said. Holding the tray in one hand.

"What am I supposed to do with it? It would be more useful for you" he said handing Ryan the penny.

"Alright then," he said putting the penny in his pocket. "See ya"

"Good day," The shopkeeper wished.

"You too,"

*le time skip*

Ryan arrived at his apartment in the dead of night.

"Long day," He said to himself as he throws himself on his bed. He stayed awake for a couple of minutes talking to himself.

"Why did you go there? Huh, Ryan? Did you really think it would work? But it was fun wasn't it? Plus you had some great coffee. Imagine the next day if something really changed? That would be cool yeah? I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure I got scammed. Better go to sleep you work tomorrow," Ryan said.,"I'm not really sleepy"

He sat there all night browsing his phone for funny intranet videos.

"Let's go to sleep for real this time," Ryan said.

He finally falls asleep.

*le time skip*

Beep beep. The alarm rang. Ryan groans and turns off the alarm. He walks towards his shower still half asleep. But he meets resistance and falls down.

"Who put a wall there," He said in a sleepy voice. He got up and tried to walk through the wall again knocking himself out.

"An alarm? How did it" he gets up and rushes to his bedroom side awake.

"THIS IS NOT MY BEDROOM, I DONT HAVE AN ALARM" he yelled in gibberish

"Am I drunk? I probably am but i-i didn't drink last night" He walks outside.

"That's not my kitchen, that-that's not my couch," he said confused. "Hello?" He called out. "Did someone kidnap me?"

He looks outside the window. The sky is blue with puffy white things.

"I'm drunk," he said as he walked outside the house.

There's a black concrete floor with white stripes on it. "Is this the road?" He looked around and saw cars rolling down on road. The sky is not filled with supercars or tall skyscrapers, The roads are calm and quiet with trees surrounding them.

"What-why? How? Th-not sky," he started talking gibberish. He's really confused and zoned out, the sky is blue with white stuff, cars are on the ground the buildings are not tall and I'm not In my fucking apartment. Is this a prank? A dream?

He slapped himself. "Not a dream" he confirmed

A Loud truck horn brings him back to his senses.

"HOLY-"

Authors note:-

Cliffhangers suck.