Chapter 8: Cupcakes and Candies

Ryan woke up as soon as the sun rose. Usually, Ryan sleeps until 8, But that's when Ryan has a bed and a roof over his head.

"Good morning, Ryan," He whispered to himself.

The dawned crisp and clear. The birds were chirping, The morning sun beamed through the white fluffy things hovering above the sky.

Ryan groaned as he stood up, Sleeping on a park bench was a bad idea, He got bad cramps. Ryan cracked his joints as he looked up enjoying the morning sky.

"My mother once told me it was bad to crack your joints" a euphonic voice rang out.

"Well, Your mother wasn't the one who slept on a park bench in an uncomfortable position," Ryan answered as he cracked his knuckles.

Ryan felt the person staring at him. "Do you need something?" Ryan asked as he faced the source of the voice.

A beautiful woman in her mid-twenties with pale skin and dark brown hair faced him. She had a stick in one hand and held a fluffy creature with a leash on the other.

"This is my seat," The woman answered.

"Your seat?" Ryan laughed.

"Yes, my seat,"

"There are other seats," Ryan said pointing to another one.

"I'm familiar with this one," She answered.

"Familiar? Alright fine," Ryan said as he moved away from the seat Ryan was in no mood to argue. Plus she could unleash the beast in her hand anytime.

She sat down calmly resting the stick on the bench. Ryan sat down beside her.

"There are other seats," The woman commented as she looked at nothingness.

"Let's just say, I'm lazy," Ryan said as he reached out into his pocket. "Candy?" He offered the woman.

"No thank you," She declined.

"More for me," Ryan shrugged as he popped open a candy.

The beast eyed him as he ate the candy. Ryan mocked the dog by hovering a candy in his hand. How can it hurt him? It's being held captive

The beast's eyes filled with anger, It started barking.

"Holy-" Ryan jerked and jumped behind the bench.

"No, No Joe," The woman scolded the dog thugging on its leash.

The beast tried lunging toward him but gave up and surrendered to its owner.

"Bad doggy," She scolded.

"Bad doggy," Ryan said as he resumed to his seat. "Joe? Huh?" Ryan asked.

"Yea," She said patting her 'dog'

"I have a plant named Joe," Ryan said.

"Oh," She knitted her eyebrows in confusion." you named your plant?" She asked. "Do people do that?" She laughed

"Is it weird to name your plant?" Ryan asked feeling awkward.

"I-It's not weird, I don't think people do that very often?" She clarified.

"Oh," Guess people don't name their plant in this universe.

"Is there a good fast-food restaurant nearby?" Ryan asked craving for some coffee and a good breakfast. He decided to drop by Haylee's cafe for coffee but didn't know where to go for breakfast

"There's a McDonald's McDonalds 2 blocks away from here," She answered.

"McDonald's? Got it," Ryan said.

"Are you new here?" She asked.