Chapter 14: Dinner with Devils

"Jeez, Louise," Ryan Exclaimed.

"It's Thomas," The butler corrected him.

"I-I know, it's uh- sort of an expression Like I'm surprised how wickedly awesome this place looks," Ryan said looking around the castle-like interior finished with Marble floors which travels along the walls to the Ceiling. The floor had cool designs on it, when drunk, would look trippy, and the ceiling was decorated with beautiful engravings.

"You look pretty fine for a person who took two daggers in the back," Thomas said as they walked past several rooms with large Mahogany doors.

"I didn't take...Two daggers in the back? Who told you that?" Ryan asked defensively.

"Miss Cassie has been talking about her kidnapping since she got here, almost everyone here knows the story," Thomas said calmly.

Miss Cassie? Oh, the girl. The girl has much more respect than he could ever earn and he's a tad bit salty about that.

"Well, her version of the story is wrong,"

Thomas shrugged, "So you didn't get stabbed? She said you whined like a baby,"

That's totally wrong. "Well, she sucks at storytelling, She's messing up every single detail," Ryan didn't cry like a baby, Right?

Ryan stopped at the sight of a wonderful garden, 5 to 10 workers were working left and right trying to preserve the beauty of the garden, And they were doing a pretty good job at it. A fence separated the ground floor and the freshly watered green grass. A fountain stood mightily at the centre of the garden with different colours of flowers spotted around it, The bushes along the outer fence were neatly trimmed into uniform shapes. The flying varmints were singing a melodic tone in a nearby orchard.

"--Sir Vincent would be," Thomas pauses as he noticed Ryan was not by his side. "Mr Trahan?"

"Yea," Ryan said not having the heart to remove his gaze from the garden.

"Beautiful, innit?" Thomas said.

"Totally," Ryan said turning away from the garden, Now facing a big door. It has beautiful engravings on it, Extremely detailed swords with a dragon entangled on them and a while with the letter A carved into it.

"What's behind there?" Ryan asked curiously.

"Sir Vincent's prized possessions," Thomas said. "Mostly weapons," He added.

"How cool is this guy?" Ryan thought. A bit too loudly.

"Very cool," A soft voice rang out.

Ryan looked around to find the source of the voice but it wasn't necessary.

"Miss Cassie, Sir Sean," Thomas greeted facing the other direction.

A small girl wearing a soft puffy golden dress caught Ryan's attention, He almost missed seeing her, She was almost camouflaged with the gold-coloured Marble wall. A small boy wearing a white shirt and brown leather pants stood beside her leaning against the wall, He looked roughly the same age as 'Miss' Cassie. He had dark brown hair contrasting with 'Miss' Cassie's Blonde one.

"Hello, kids," Ryan Greeted them with an awkward wave.

The kids exchanged looks with each other and Thomas gave him a worrying frown. What has he gotten himself into?

"Kids?" 'Sir' Sean asked looking behind him. "Where?"

"You guys?" Ryan said pointing at them.

"We have names," Cassie, Sorry 'Miss' Cassie said, crossing her arms.