Chapter 11: Amature

"Any last words?" The woman asked as she closed on him, pinning him against a nearby tree. Ryan's head meets the tree's bark.

"Yeah," Ryan said looking around for an opportunity to escape.

"Make it quick," She said hovering the knife before Ryan's face, just below his eyes.

"I-uh," Ryan stalled for time.

"I said, Make. It. Quick," she snarled.

"It's hard to concentrate when you're holding a knife just below my eye," Ryan groaned as he felt cold blood running down his neck. He fixes his eyes on a knife inside a pocket tied around her waist. But it's a little too far. He couldn't reach it without getting her attention

She quickly fixes the knifes position, directly in front of Ryan's eyes, "You have a tendency--"

"To get into trouble easily, yea I get it," Ryan said looking directly at her pocket. "I've been told that before," he murmured.

The woman lets out a cold laugh, "That's the reason why you're here,"

"What are you waiting for," Ryan said in a low voice, barely audible. "Kill me," Ryan slightly extended his hand to snatch the knife as he moved a little to his left so the knife wouldn't be directly facing his eye.

"You should really speak up," She said moving close to Ryan. "I can't--"

Ryan ripped the knife pocket with brute force, Grabbed the ack of her head and smacked it against the tree.

She clenched her head. "What are you doing," She groaned. As she tried getting back to her senses. He kneed her face as she tried getting up, hoping to slow her down.

Ryan ran up to the girl and started cutting the rope, he knew he didn't have too long before she gets back on her feet.

"Run, Run as fast as you, as far as you can," Ryan said cutting the rope.

"What about you," she said getting the rope off her.

"I'll be fine, Just--" he heard dry leaves raffling behind him, "GO," he pushed her as he cut the last piece of rope. An axe pierced the tree, just where the girl was a second ago.

The girl started running for her dear life as soon as she saw the axe piercing the tree.

Ryan tried grabbing the axe and releasing it, but it was deep inside the tree.

The woman limped toward Ryan, with a new set of knives in her hand.

"Where is she getting these from?"

"You really are a freak," Ryan said creating some distance between them. He heard the leaves raffling, filling the void of silence.

"I also have been told that a lot," She said with a sniff, making the blood flowing through her nose retreat.

"Cause you are one," Ryan said clenching the knife in his hand. "Come on," He said inviting death.

"ARGGGG," she screamed lunging toward Ryan holding a knife in her hand high up above her head.

"Oh-no," Ryan said retreating in another direction. Running for his life now, no matter where he went she followed him, like the dry leaf rustling as he moved.

"What's the matter with you!" Ryan yelled as he continued running.

"STOP!" She said impatiently, "YOU LET THAT DAMNED CHILD ESCAPE,"

She had no intention of slowing down, so did Ryan. He didn't dare to look behind him, he scanned the area for an escape route but all he had was trees, she would catch up before he could even start climbing. Ryan was not willing to lose his $18.25 now and a potential chance of losing his bike and half-eaten burger.