Chapter 7: Friends and Foes

Haylee was enjoying this day despite being bombarded by customers every few minutes.

"Here's your order!" Haylee said as she placed an old woman's order on the table.

"Thank you, dear," The old woman thanked her.

"You're welcome, Call me if you need anything," Haylee smiled at her before she resumed to the kitchen.

Haylee rested her hands on the counter and sighed, "where are you, Frank?"

"I'm here!" A man exclaimed, "I'm here," He panted.

He looked like he's in his mid-twenties, Tall, not bad looking, his hair was soaked in sweat. He looked like he came out of a sona.

"You're late," She said as she snatched the bag he was holding and placed it on the counter. "What's this?"

"I bought some Doughnuts on my way here," He said wiping his sweat off with a cloth.

"We sell doughnuts," She said annoyed as she unpacked the bags.

"Well, let's treat ourselves with some good ones today," He said.

"Shut up," Haylee said hitting his arm softly.

"Chill, I think I got everything on the list," he said placing a receipt on the counter

"You forgot sprinkles and whipped cream," She said.

"I think I almost got everything," He corrected his sentence.

"This is why I don't trust you with anything," Haylee said irritated. "Here," She handed him an order. "Spiced latte and crimson cupcake for table 4,"

"I just got here," Frank groaned.

"They came here 5 minutes ago, We don't want to keep our customers waiting,"

"B-but,"

"Go, Frank," She practically had to push him to his counter.

"Chop chop," Haylee motivated him.

Frank rolled his eyes.

"Guess what I saw at the store today?" Frank asked getting the utensils together.

"What?" Haylee asked uninterested as she brewed some coffee.

"I saw a guy," Frank said as he picked up the flour. "He legit sat at the candy aisle for 15 minutes with 2 packets of candies in his hand thinking which one he should buy," He said to Haylee laughing his ass off.

Haylee let out a small laugh, "Guess you're not the only man-child in this town,"

"I wouldn't call myself a man child?" He said defensively. "I'm just more..." He trailed off for the right word, "More alive?" He said bending down to get some sugar from the bottom counter.

"Right," Haylee said mocking him while he's not looking.

"I saw that!" He muttered still trying to find the sugar bag. "Where's the sugar?"

"Maybe if you looked closer instead of seeing what I'm doing, you might find it," Haylee commented.

"Oh! Why don't you come and look," Frank said teasingly

"Fine!" Haylee said as she started rambling through the counter.

Frank smirked, "It isn't there, Smartypants, you misplaced it--,"

"Here," She said handing Frank over the bag and resuming to her station.

"--Not so responsible--Oh," Frank paused talking as he noticed the bag in his hands, He smiled sheepishly weighing the sugar bag in his hands.