Prologe 2

Trigger warning: Blood, hurt Naruto and Iruka, an assassination plot.

As the years passed, Naruto spent a lot of time with Kurama. He had taught him a lot of skills. He still couldn't fully use Kurama's Chakra, but he had gotten good at tapping into it. He did make sure that he never used it around people. Both he and Kurama agreed that it would be better if the villagers didn't know that he was communicating with the beast that had attacked the village, even though he was being controlled.
Naruto did struggle with the shadow clone, but because Kurama also didn't know much about it, it wasn't going well. He was still young, so that was probably the reason.

One day, in an attempt to make friends with his classmates, he was wandering around the woods just outside the village. There was a Shinobi from a different village that was taken down. His classmates wanted him to find that person and bring something back to prove it.

I don't know about this kid. Kurama spoke in his mind.

'Why?' Naruto responded. It took him an embarrassingly long time to learn that all he had to do was think, and Kurama would hear it.

If that person was attacked, then there might be people from their village. You should be careful. No one knows that you're here.

'To be fair, I'm supposed to be in class. Iruka-Sensai might come looking for me. There's a good chance that Choji-kun will tell him. I'm pretty sure that he saw me talking to them.'

If you say so kid. If something does happen, I'm helping. You can't stop me.

Naruto gave a little chuckle. 'I won't try to stop you if it gets that far. But at least let me try to handle what happens on my own. I don't want to get in the habit of relying on you.'

Fine. If something happens, wake me up. I'm taking a nap.

Naruto slipped down a ledge. 'Okay.'

After a few hours of wandering, he hadn't found much of anything. He did find some mushrooms to eat for lunch. Iruka-sensei had been looking for him, but he was able to get away using a transformation jutsu, turning into a rock.

As he was walking around, a glint caught his eye. Moving closer, he found a shuriken. A piece of bloody cloth was pinned to the tree by it.

Following the other gashes and ninja tools, he found the body of a man. A kunai in his neck.

Naruto took a deep breath. He knew that the ninja died, but he had never seen a dead body before.

Looking around the body. Trying not to get blood on his clothes, he found a few things. There was a really cool kunai hidden in his bag.

The thing that caught his eye was a scroll. Opening it, he found a lot of complicated business stuff that he didn't understand, but there was something in it that catch his eye. It was a plan to kill the Hokage.

Naruto was now starting to get worried. He transformed the scroll into a bracelet, not wanting the man's comrades to know he had it. Before he could transform the kunai, he heard the sound of the ninja coming to him. Moving away from the body, he acted like a normal kid that was wandering around. He couldn't hide the kunai, but this might fool them that he knew about the scroll.

When he got fifty meters away, a trio of female ninjas landed in front of him.
Acting clueless, and he was still a little clueless, he looked at them. "Who are you?"

He could tell that they weren't from the leaf, as weren't wearing what their ninja wore, and they matched what the dead man was wearing.

The woman in the middle scoffed. "That doesn't matter. Where did you get that kunai?"