Ch. 27

Trigger warning: Mentions of death, perverted Jiraiya, cold Naruto.

The jinchuriki sat around Naruto's table a few days after the Third Hokage's funeral. He had been keeping his room cleaner and he had been eating vegetables as a way to make Kurama stop bugging him.

Yugito looked around. "How long have you lived here?"

Naruto had his foxes appear and go to their given jinchuriki. "I've lived here for most of my life. I started living on my own when I was about four."

Yagura clinched his fist. "You mentioned that you knew who your father was and what he did. Did he do something bad?"

Naruto laughed and smiled. "Good God no. My father was the Fourth Hokage. Minato Namakazi."

Han's eyes widened. "He was able to take out an army of Hidden Stone ninjas by himself. I didn't know you were his son."

Naruto shifted. "I was only given my mother's maiden name."

Gaara pets his fox. "Why though."

Naruto looked at his fox. "I think that it was to protect me."

Fuu punched the floor. "That's mean. They could have told you!"

Yagura sighed. "If they told that to a kid, then he might have told other people. That would start a chain reaction."

Bee nodded. "You have a point dude. But it was still rude."

Naruto smiled at him. "It's okay. I don't have any grudge against Lord Third."

Yagura smiled. "That's very mature."

Roshi cleared his throat. "Naruto-sama. What should we do now."

Naruto sighed. "First, does anyone know if there is someone is someone that might target us?"

Yagura touched his chin. "I have heard of a group called the Akatsuki. I would need to investigate further, but I have heard they are after the tailed beasts. They are building their ranks."

Naruto looked up. "I know that my godfather has an information network. I'll ask him about them."

Fuu smiled. "Good idea!"

Naruto looked at them. "For now, we should go back to our villages. If all of us are in the same place, then the Akatsuki will have an easy time finding us. Roshi-chan and Han-chan, I suggest the two of you stay together. If you run into any member of the Akatsuki, don't fight. We don't know what they can do yet."

The four and five tails jinchuriki nodded. "Understood."

"Gaara-chan, I believe that the Sand will want you to be the Kazakage. I doubt that the Akatsuki will attack the village. Fuu-chan, I think it would be good if you're always on missions. That will make it harder for the Akatsuki to find you."

Gaara nodded. Fuu looked like she wanted to protest but she only nodded.
Naruto took a deep breath. "Yugito-chan and Bee-chan, I want the two of you to stay together. If we are in groups, then they'll be less likely to attack."

The cloud ninja nodded. Yugito smiled. "I understand Naruto-sama."

Bee grinned. He almost started rapping, but Naruto held up his hand, causing him to stop. "Yagura-chan and Utakata-chan, I'm guessing that you will be in the village because of the revolution. That itself will give you some protection from the Akatsuki. With the fighting going on, I doubt the Akatsuki could even get in."

Utakata twirled his flute. Yagura nodded. "Good thinking Naruto-sama."

Naruto stood up. "I'm going to find Jiraiya-san. I need to get any information for us."