Ch. 31

Trigger warning: Blood

Naruto had perfected the Rasengan faster than he thought. He was considering telling Tsunade now, but he wanted to make her think she won.

You have a dark side kid. I like it. Kurama said.

'You sure that's not from you?' Naruto thought jokingly.

Your being tanted by Sasuke. Kurama grumbled.

Naruto let out a small. It was pretty late at night, and he was surrounded by craters and rubble. He was sitting down, having used quite a bit of Chakra. He had made several Rasengans back to back. He was still having trouble with keeping the Chakra together and providing it. He was getting better, but it was going to take more time than he had. Luckily, all he had to do was make a perfect Rasengan. The bet never said that he had to do it alone.

"Can we talk?" Shizune's voice rang out.
Naruto turned and smiled at her. "Sure. What about?"

Shizune sat next to him. "There's something I'm worried about, and I need to get it off my chest."

Naruto put a hand on her leg. "You can talk to me about it."

She smiled at him. "A day before the two of you arrived, Orochimaru showed up."

Naruto's eyes widened. "What? Did he do anything?"

She shook her head. "He wanted Tsunade-sama to heal his arms. He offered to bring her brother and her lover back to life with a jutsu."

Naruto looked more worried than ever. "Did she agree?"

Shizune shook her head. "She said she needed time to think about it. He said he would give her two days."

Naruto clutched a rock in his hand. "That means that he's going to be back in the morning."

Shizune nodded. "I know. I want to tell Jiraiya-san, but I'm worried. Orochimaru had a man with long gray hair."

Naruto chucked the rock. "I've seen that man. I think that he's the snake's right-hand man."

Shizune turned a rock in her hand. "Do you think I should tell Jiraiya-san about this?"

Naruto nodded adamantly. "This is something he needs to know."

Shizune stood up and smiled at him. "Thanks, Naruto-kun."

Naruto nodded. "No problem."

We got a bit of good news out of that kid. Kurama said. We get to fight Orochimaru and rip him to shreds!

'Easy there Kurama.' Naruto stood up. 'We have to be careful. I need to ask Pervy Sage about what the snake can do.'

In the morning, Shizune told Jiraiya about Orochimaru, and the Tsunade had left to meet with him.

Now, Naruto was running behind the two of them to find Tsunade and try to stop her from healing Orochimaru's arms.

When they got there, they found Tsunade fighting.

Shizune gasped. "Lady Tsunade! Are you okay?"

Tsunade nodded, though she seemed to be out of breath. Jiraiya sighed. "Good. I'm glad you didn't heal him."

Naruto nodded and pulled a kunai out.

Jiraiya stuck a hand out. "Naruto, you stay back and protect Tsunade. I've got Orochimaru."

Shizune nodded. "I'll fight with the gray-haired boy."

The other man snorted. "I have a name. It's Kabuto."