Ch. 30

Trigger warning: drunk (and mean) Tsunade, broken bones, betting, angry Naruto

It didn't take long for Naruto and Jiraiya to find Tsunade. Jiraiya had sent her a letter that he wanted to talk with her, and she told them to meet her at a café.

They found her with a woman with short black hair, and black clothing.
Jiraiya waved and sat down across from her. On the way there, he had told Naruto that both Tsunade's brother and lover wanted to be Hokage.

"It's good to see you again Tsunade-san." Jiraiya said, smiling.

Tsunade nodded. Her cheeks were slightly pink, indicating she had a few drinks. She looked at Naruto. "Who is this?"

Jiraiya grinned. "This is my student Naruto Uzumaki."

Naruto grinned and waved. "Hi, Tsunade-san. It's nice to meet you!"

Tsunade grunted. "Why are you here Jiraiya-kun? I know you wouldn't just reach out to me out of the blue. What do you want?"

Jiraiya sighed. "The third Hokage was killed in battle with Orochimaru."

Tsunade gasped, and her assistant put her hands together in a quiet prayer. "How did he die?"

Jiraiya shrugged. "That I don't know, but Naruto-kun was there."

All eyes fell on him, but it wasn't as nerve-racking as it used to be. "He used the Reaper Death Seal. He was going to use it to rip Orochimaru's soul out but he didn't have enough strength. Instead, he used it to seal Orochimaru's arms."

Tsunade clenched her fist. "That old fool. What was he thinking?"

A small part of Naruto wanted to slap her for insulting The Third Hokage, but he saw a tear in the corner of her eye.

Jiraiya sighed. "That's one of the reasons that I tracked you down. But there's one other reason."

Tsunade looked at him. "And that is?"

Jiraiya looked at her. "The elders have sent me to ask you to be The Fifth Hokage."

Tsunade's assistant gasped. "Really?" She looked at Tsunade. "What a big honor."

Tsunade looked at her hands. She didn't say anything.

Jiraiya continued to talk. "They asked me to do it, but I know I'm not qualified. You, on the other hand, are."

He held out his hand. "So, Lady Tsunade, will you accept this position?"

Naruto held his breath, waiting for Tsunade's response.

She looked up with hard eyes. "No."

This shocked the three other people in the group. Jiraiya's hand fell. "Why?"

Tsunade scoffed. "Everyone who held the Hokage's office is a fool. Even more so, anyone who had that dream is a fool."

This angered Naruto. He knew he shouldn't. He knew they should go, but he couldn't help himself.

"So." He said, all eyes turning to him. His hands clenched and his hair fell in his eyes. "Your brother was a fool?"

Tsunade flinched. "What do you mean by that?"

Naruto looked up. He made his eyes red and let his teeth turn to fangs. His whiskers stayed the same, and his nails didn't become claws. "And was your lover a fool?"

Tsunade stood up but before she could speak, Naruto glared at her. "Both of them wanted to become Hokage. By insulting the position, you have insulted their dreams. And their memories. You should be ashamed of what you did."
Naruto stood up and walked out of the café.

Jiraiya gulped. "I didn't know he could do that."

He looked over and saw tears falling out of Tsunade's eyes. She clenched her fist and ran after Naruto.

Her assistant looked at Jiraiya. "We should stop her."

Jiraiya nodded. "Yep."

When they got outside, they found Tsunade holding Naruto by the arm. "You take back what you said."

Naruto looked calm. There was no emotion in his eyes. "I will not. I spoke the truth. The cold hard truth. You need to accept that."

Tsunade only grew angrier. She pooled Chakra in her hand and squeezed Naruto's arm.

A snap rang out. When Tsunade dropped his arm, it fell limp.

Jiraiya's eyes widened. "What the hell, Tsunade!"

She rolled her eyes. "So what. If he's your student, he must be at least twenty. He probably broke an arm before."

Jiraiya looked at the woman next to him. "Shizune, please heal Naruto."

Shizune nodded and ran to the boy. When she put her hands out to heal him, he lead up his hand, and she stopped in confusion.

He sighed. "Don't bother wasting your Chakra."

She looked at him in horror. Even Tsunade and Jiraiya were shock. Both of them had a high pain tolerance, but even they would have asked to have their arm healed.

This was when Tsunade realized that the boy hadn't even flinched when she broke his arm. She knew that she had a few drinks, but it wasn't that many. They might have been stronger than she thought.

Shizune protest. "That arm needs to be healed. Please, let me,"

Naruto cut her off with a shake of his head. "As I said, there is no need for you to waste your Chakra."

Naruto sent a burst of Kurama's Chakra, who had been watching and enjoying the tea, into his arm.

Steam emitted from it. As they watched in amazement, the bones clicked back into place and even the abrasion on his arm vanished.

He looked at her with a kind smile. "See. No need."

Shizune was still staring at the now-healed arm. She had only seen one person with that kind of healing ability, and that was Tsunade, and this boy clearly didn't have what she had.

Naruto's eyes turned hard again. He looked at Tsunade. "For your information, Tsunade, I'm thirteen."

Tsunade put a hand to her mouth, realizing what she did. 'For a child that age to have that kind of pain tolerance-' She didn't finish the thought.

Naruto took a rubber ball out of his pocket. "Jiraiya-san told me that you like to bet, so I'll make one with you."

Tsunade narrowed her eyes. "And what would that be?"

Naruto had an excellent poker face. "I am learning the Rasengan. I have made it to the second step. It's not perfected. If I can make a perfect Rasengan by the end of the week, then you will accept the Hokage's office. If I can't." He took his wallet out. "You can have my wallet. There's about $3000 in here. I'm sure that would make great gambling money."

He put the items back in his pocket and held out his hand. Just like Jiraiya did. "Do we have a deal?"

Tsunade smiled. "I'll add something more to the pile." She held up a necklace. "I'll give you this necklace that I've had for all my life."

Kid, that's the first Hokage's necklace! Kurama said.

Naruto looked at it. "That must be important to you for you to bet on it." He sighed. "I see no problem with it."

The thirteen-year-old genin and one of the legendary sanin shook hands.

"The bet has been made." Naruto said coldly. He looked at her. "I hope you never go back on your word because I will warn you. I'll win."