Ch. 40

Trigger warning: Exposition, meeting, killing talk.

When they got to the village, the team split up to do other things. Naruto went back to his home. He was still going over everything he needed to do.

Grabbing the yukata he wore to the first meeting three years ago, he made some adjustments to it. Along with making it longer, he added more folds and carefully stitch a way for his tails to come out. It may have been formal, but there was no reason for him to be uncomfortable.

After a few hours of work, he was finished. He changed into it and looked in the mirror. His tails spread out and flicked around as he stared at himself.

Tugging at it, he sighed. 'Kurama, do you think I can really do this?'

You'll be fine kid. You did this before. Kurama smiled at the reflection of his jinchuriki.

Naruto shifted. 'I'm going to be bringing in three people who aren't jinchurikis. What will the others think?'

They know that these people are close to you. Besides, they helped save Gaara.

While he still had doubts, he trusted Kurama. Changing out of the yukata, he stared out the window.

After a few minutes, he sent a few shadow clones to make preparations in the Hashirama statue.

In the statue, they added a few more chairs. They also changed the table. It was now a rectangle. Five on the long sides, and one at both ends. At the head was where Naruto would sit.

To his left out be Sasuke, then Sakura, and Kakashi would be next to her. The rest of the jinchurikis would then go in order. One, two three, and so on and so forth.

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi would go around thirty minutes before. Naruto would have his foxes sitting in front of their chairs and would leave when their respective person sat down.

When the day came, Naruto gathered his team. They went to the statue. Tsunade had let them of course.

Standing in front of the giant statue, Naruto took several deep breaths. He had told them that this was going to be formal. He was wearing his Yutaka. Kakashi was still wearing his mask, but instead of his normal outfit, he had a black Yutaka with silver markings. It looked like Sharingan was lining the hems of it.

Sakura had a deep red Kimono with pink blossoms on it. Her short hair had a flower headband and it was gold and red.

Sasuke wore a deep blue with a white lining. He didn't have his headband on but still had his sword with him. Naruto had approved weapons, so it was okay.

Naruto bit his finger. Smearing the blood across the stone as he did three years ago. The grinding sound of the door opening brought back memories of the first meeting.

Team 7 walked in. As they were early, they were obviously alone. Naruto instructed them where to sit, and summoned his foxes.

Over the next few hours, the rest of the jinchuriki arrived. As they sat down, many of them looked at the other members of team seven.

When they were all there, the last person being Fuu, Naruto cleared his throat. "Thank you all for coming. I know this was a little out of the blue."

Yagura smiled. "Don't worry about it Naruto-sama. But I do need to ask, why is the rest of your team here?"

Naruto turned to them. "It's a little complicated." He turned to Gaara. "The hidden Sand was attacked by the Akatsuki."

The others gasped. Fuu looked at Gaara. "Are you hurt?"