Ch. 4

Trigger warning: killing intent, fighting, swords

Dear Naruto,

I must warn you of something. The man that you are escorting will be attacked. Tazuna is a bridge builder from the land of waves. That part of my territory has been taken over by a businessman named Gato. He will send people after him and they will not have mercy on you guys just because you're a kid.

The first people he is likely to send after you are the twin demon brothers. If you survive them, then the men he will send after you next will cause you a lot of trouble.

His name is Zabuza. He was once one of the seven ninja swordsmen of the Mist, but he deserted the village. He is very dangerous. If you get across the river, that is when he will attack you.

If you survive the twin demon brothers, please contact me again. I will then come to you and, if things go wrong, I will help.

Please stay safe.

Yagura

Naruto now found himself with a difficult choice. If he told Kakashi that this Zabuza person was coming, he would have to admit that he was in contact with the Muzikage, and that would lead down a very deep rabbit hole.

Or, he could keep quiet and potentially put his team in danger. But they did have Kakashi-sensei with them. And Yagura would be in the background.
Pulling his pen and paper out of his bag and started to write.

Dear Yagura

Thank you for giving me that information on this Gato guy. We have already run into the twin demon brothers. Thank you for telling me that we will likely run into a man named Zabuza. We're almost to the river, but we're not across yet.

There is something you should know about the foxes that deliver the messages. If I'm in danger, they will come to you and will constantly yip. This is to let you know something has happened to me and I need your help. The fox will go to the person that is closest to me.

Naruto

Tying the message to Lula, he gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead and sent her on her way.

It took him a bit of time to fall asleep, but he managed.

When morning came, Naruto was the second one awake, the first one being Kakashi. After the others woke up, Naruto pack his bag and looked at Kakashi. "Do you think that more people will come after us?" He said this quietly, not wanting the others to hear.

Kakashi stiffened. "I'm not sure. If this Gato is serious about killing Tazuna, then there's a good chance that more people will come to try and kill him, but we will stop them."

The way that he said it gave Naruto a boost of confidence.

As they walked to the river, Naruto started messing with one of his kunai. This did cause Sakura to think that someone else was close.

Finally, she couldn't stand it. "Naruto! Stop playing with that kunai! You're making me think that someone else is coming!"

Naruto gave an awkward chuckle. "Sorry, Sakura-chan."

Ironic. Isn't it? Kurama said with a laugh.

'No kidding.'

When they got to the river, they found a boatman waiting for them.

"Hey, Tazuna. This the group protecting you?"