Ch. 44

Trigger warning: none. All fluff!

"So, you killed him." Sasuke and Naruto were eating at Ichiraku Raman. Neither thought of it as a date, but their team and friends knew better. It was so a date.

Naruto nodded. "Well, Kurama did the attack. But I think that I did still technically kill him."

Sasuke sighed. "You put too much pressure on yourself." He swallowed a mouthful of noodles.

Naruto stirred his chopstick in the broth. "I know. It's just, as the nine-tails jinukuriki..."

"Oh stop." Sasuke rolled his eyes. "You do realize that you and I are 15, right?"

"I'm not following."

"Most of the other jinchurikis are almost five years older than you." Sasuke gave a quick smile. "The fact that they respect you is an achievement. You're doing what you can."

Kakashi smirked as he watched Naruto and Sasuke on what was most definitely a date. 'It's about time you two go on a date.' He looked around to see Sakura spying on them. 'Of course, she is. This is so hilarious to watch. The tension is there, but subtle. The perfect drama.'

《•~~~•》

Tsunade sighed, leaned back, and closed her eyes. The paperwork she had to do was stressing her out. Naruto had brought over 200 kids Orochimaru had kidnapped. She was glad they had been saved, but the paperwork needed to get them into the village was a nightmare.

She heard a knock at the door and leaned forward. "Come in."

In walked Shizune with a small gift. "Naruto wanted to give this to you, but..." She gave a smile and her voice trailed off.

Tsunade smirked. She took the gift. Unwrapping it, she saw it was a small chocolate treat that she mentioned she loved. "Aww." She broke off a piece and ate it in bless. She looked back in the box, going for another piece, but then she saw the note.

Pulling it out of the box, she smiled.

'Sorry for all the paperwork.'

《•~~~•》

Yagura sighed as the set his staff down. He was having a meeting with the leader of the revolution, Mei Terumi. He had discussed this with Zabuza, Haku, and Utakata. He decided to step down and devote his time to the Jinchuriki Alliance. He got the okay from Naruto to let Zabuza and Haku act as guards for them.

"Lord 4th, your guest is here." Zabuza said.

Yagura nodded. "Please, let her in."

He opened the door, and in walked Mei Terumi. She was smiling kindly and had no guards. Yagura nodded to Zabuza, who left the room.

Yagura gestured to the seat in front of his desk. "Please seat Terumi-san."

She didn't protest. "I'm surprised you wanted to meet with me."

Yagura smiled. "Well, as I'm sure you know, I've been having other affairs outside of the village. So, I have a proposition."

She nodded. "And that is?"

"To more efficiently deal with these affairs, I am willing to abdicate with a few conditions."

Still smiling, Mei clasped her hands in her lap. "What are these propositions?"

"1. I will not be attacked if I ever visit the village, 2. I will be leaving the village with no consequences, 3. Zabuza-san, Haku-san, and Utakata-san will be able to leave with me, as they are involved in my out-of-village matters, and 4. I will be given three days to leave the village."

Mei smiled. "I don't have any problems with that. Though I must ask, who will be the next Mizukage?"

Yagura smiled. "Why, you Lady Terumi."

She looked shocked but regained her composure. "I see. I accept."

Yagura took off his Mizukage cap. The two stood, and he handed it to her. "Thank you for taking over this Lady Terumi."

(Okay, a wrap-up chapter, but I knew that this was important. This chapter is also much shorter, but there wasn't actually much to wrap up. I hope you liked it. I wanted to add some fluff at the start. I'll see you in the next book, though I'm not going to be working on it for a while. I need a break from Naruto. I'm going to be working on my MHA story that I also need to work on. For those interested, it's called Child of Hades. See you in a different story!)