Ch. 24

Trigger warning: skipping Shikamaru vs Tamari (it's the same as in canon), Orochimaru's attack, Sasuke hurting Gaara, blood

After the match with Shikamaru and Tamari, which Shikamaru won, was the match with Sasuke and Gaara.

'Be careful Gaara-chan. Sasuke-kun has a new move called Chidori. I think that it might be able to pierce your sand shield.' Naruto had his foxes watch Sasuke's training. He was worried that Sasuke might try to kill Gaara. It might have just been his imagination, but he could help himself. When he saw how powerful the Chidori was, his concern only grew.

When Gaara and Sasuke entered the ring, and the match started, Sasuke went on the attack.

With his Sharingan activated, he was able to outmaneuver Gaara's sand. Naruto saw that he had studied Rock Lee's moves.

A grunted. "He's fast."

He was able to punch Gaara in the face. Naruto wanted to intervene, but he knew he couldn't. If he did, both of them would be disqualified.

Gaara managed to hit Sasuke back into a wall with his sand. He jumped back and put up his sand guard.

Orochimaru smiled. Gaara was going to change into Shukaku.

'He's going to make his move.' Yugito said.

'Okay. Gaara, try to stay in there as long as you can.' Naruto thought. 'Roshi, Han, got ready to move.'

'Got it.' Gaara said.

'Roger.' Roshi answered.

'Those in the Kage's box, get ready to fight. Fuu-chan, make sure to protect the civilians.'

'You can count on me!' Fuu said.

Naruto discreetly made a few hand signs. He put a counter genjutsu on himself just in case.

Sasuke found his footing on the wall. He made some hand signs and laced his figure. Lighting Chakra collected in his hands. A bird screech rang out.

Sakura muttered. "What jutsu is that?"

Naruto bit his lip. 'So he using Chidori already. He only has two shots.'

Sasuke ran down the wall and charged at the orb of sand Gaara stalling in. He stabbed his arm right through the sand. His hand hit Gaara in the shoulder.

Gaara screamed in pain, letting down his sand guard, and all the jinchuriki in the arena flinched in response. It wasn't enough for anyone to notice unless they were looking.

Orochimaru narrowed his eyes. He looked to Kabuto, who was disguised as an ANBU member.

Kabuto cast a genjutsu that put everyone in the area to sleep.

'It's a genjutsu! Fuu-chan! You still there?'

'Yep! I've got an immunity to genjutsu!'

'Those in the box, you awake?' Naruto asked.

'All of us are. Orochimaru's waiting for most people to fall asleep.' Utakata's voice was laced with anger.

'Okay.' Naruto stood up. Sakura fell victim to it, as did everyone around. 'The moment that snake moves, attack. We can't waste any time.'

Several Sound and Sand Joinin started to attack. Kakashi, Gai, and a few other Jonin counter-attacked. A kunai with a paper bomb wrapped around was launched toward Naruto's area.

Naruto threw his hands up. "Wind Style! Air Sphere Prison!"

He contained the kunai in the sphere. When it exploded, the blast did no damage."

"Good work Naruto!" Kakashi called as he cut down a Sand Ninja. "That's a useful jutsu!"

Naruto nodded. "You're welcome to copy it!"

Just then, Orochimaru blasted out of the Kage's box. He had The third Hokage by the neck. "Lord Third!" He yelled.

'Naruto-kun! Orochimaru prepared for this. There were seal traps around the other Kage and us!' Yugito's voice rang in his head.

Naruto snarled. "Kakashi-sensei! Can you cover for me? I need to get to the Kage's box."

Kakashi looked skeptical, but he nodded.

Naruto jumped to the Kage's box. Kunai were being thrown at him, but he ignored them. Before he got there, an ANBU member stopped him. Naruto smashed the mask, and he saw that it was the gray-haired boy that was in the Chunin exams.

Naruto growled. "So your with that snake."

He entered his version one state with one tail. This surprised Kabuto, and Naruto wrapped his Chakra tail around him and swung around to his back. Using Kabuto's back as a board, he jumped to the Kage's box and sent Kabuto plummeting to the ground.

Naruto clambered into the Kage's box. There he found the Raikage straining against the seal that bound him to his chair. Killer Bee and Yugito were on their knees. Yagura had been slammed into the wall and sealed to it. Utakata was frozen in place.

The remaining Kage and their guards gapped at Naruto. Naruto knew that he looked a little scary in this form.

"What are you doing here boy!" The Raikage yelled.

Naruto raised an eyebrow and sighed. "I expect an apology after this."

Raikage fumed. "WHY SHOULD I-"

He was cut off by Naruto dropping to all fours and splitting his tail. He still only had one, but it created enough for him to hit all the seals. The moment his Chakra touched the seals, they shattered.

The Raikage stood up and scoffed. "I'm going after the Kazakage! Somethings off."

Naruto grabbed him with his tail. "Before you go, let me tell you why the Kazakage's like this."

The Raikage glared. He didn't like being restrained by a child, but he did want to hear the information. "And that is."

Naruto growled. "That's not the real Kazakage. Orochimaru killed him and is using his body. I'll explain how I knew when we kill him."

Raikage wanted to integrate the boy, but Yagura called. "Lord Raikage! We must stop Orochimaru!"

Yagura and Utakata jumped out the window. Naruto followed shortly behind them.

"Bro! Shall we go?" Bee rapped. Yugito rolled her eyes.

The Raikage nodded. "Yes come!"

In the arena, Gaara was on his knees. He clutched his shoulder as he used his sand to protect the civilians. His sibling tried to ask him why he was doing that, but he stopped them with a harsh look.

Now, Tamari and Kankuro, under Gaara's orders, were getting civilians in the village to safely.

Sasuke saw a bombed kunai flying to Gaara. He knew that all of Gaara's focus was on protecting people. He didn't know why, but he wasn't going to complain.

Sasuke grabbed his own bombed kunai and throw it at the flying kunai. They collided can blew up mid-air.

Sasuke stood next to Gaara. "I don't know why you're protecting the Leaf, but all ask questions later. I'll make sure that you can concentrate."

Gaara nodded. With his wounded shoulder, he doubted that focus on defending himself.

At this point Orochimaru had the Sound Ninja four create a barrier around him. Kimimaro was on the outside of the barrier and killed the ANBU members that were trying to break the barrier.