Ch. 0

(My version of OG Naruto episode 1. This chapter will be moved to before chapter 1 in a week)

Naruto jumped around the rooftops of the Leaf. He was bored out of his mind and was trying to entertain himself.

You do remember that today is graduation day, right? Kurama yawned.

Naruto stopped at the base of Hokage Rock. 'Yeah. Why?'

Aren't you going to practice the clone jutsu? The fox asked. It's your worst one.

'Why not surprise them with the shadow clone jutsu?' Naruto jumped up the trail that lead to the top.

You do remember that 1. I taught you that, 2. It's a forbidden jutsu, and 3. You shouldn't have any knowledge of it?

'Oh.' Naruto made it to the top. 'I didn't think about that.'

Clearly.

Naruto sat on the head of the fourth Hokage, his father. 'But I Can't Do the clone jutsu! Not with my Chakra control. Besides, don't they look the same?'

The Chakra's different. Kurama spread his tail. Also, I think that one of them wants you to fail.

'What do you mean?' Naruto asked, laying on his back.

Mizuki. Kurama said. I can sense his malice.

'So, what do you want me to do?'

Fail.

'What!' Naruto shot up. 'Why?!'

We can find out what he wants. Kurama said nonchalantly. It's the easiest and the fastest.

'Fine.' Naruto said. 'But if this goes wrong, you're paying.'

《•~~~•》

After Naruto failed, (It's the same as canon, and I'm too lazy to write it) he sat on the swing on the tree, listening to the parents talk bad about him.

'Is this worth it Kurama?' Naruto didn't make eye contact with anyone.

I'm sure. Kurama kept his eyes closed.

"Hey." Naruto looked up to see Mizuki. "Let's talk."

When they got to the vantage point, Mizuki started talking. "You know, Iruka didn't want to fail you."

Naruto looked down. "I know. But, I wanted to graduate."

Mizuki smiled at him. "Let me tell you something. I really shouldn't be saying this though. So keep it a secret."

Naruto looked at him with fake wonder. "Yeah?" 'Am I doing a good job Kurama?'

You could make it a profession.

'Okay.' Naruto didn't break his face.

Mizuki put one leg up. "There's this thing called the forbidden scroll. If you can learn a jutsu from it, you can graduate. It is the Hokage manner, seven doors down from Lord Third's office."