Ch. 1

Trigger warning: Assassination attempts, murderous intent, Mizuki, mentions of death.

After Naruto saved Iruka, he was able to graduate. He did have to act a little when Mizuki told him that he was the nine-tailed fox, but it did hurt when he told him Iruka hated him. When Iruka believed in him, that was all the proof he needed that Mizuki was wrong.

Now he was waiting for his new sensei. He was teamed up with Sakura Harano, who he used to have a crush on, but he now found annoying. His other teammate was Sasuke Uchiha. This was okay. He was no longer jealous of him, and at least he was quiet.

Naruto, having gotten bored waiting for their sensei, placed the very dirty eraser in the door frame. He ignored Sakura's protests and soon heard their sensei coming.

When the door opened, a man with gravity-defining gray hair stepped in. It was clear to Naruto that he saw the trap, but he let it fall on his head regardless.
Naruto laughed. Sasuke only scoffed and Sakura apologized and laid all the blame on Naruto.

The white-haired man sighed. "Whatever. Now, all three of you. Meet me on the roof in five minutes." With that, he vanished.

Sakura fumed. "He shows up late and we have to meet HIM on the roof."

Naruto was already out the door, and Sasuke soon followed.

Naruto was very fast from training with Kurama for years. He had secretary gotten good at sealing jutsus and he was now in contact with all the other jinchurikis. He was able to befriend foxes and they were messengers. They could use a transportation jutsu. Some had responded more than others.

Gaara, the one tail, wasn't the most talkative, but Naruto was getting him to open up. His father had tried to kill him six times and Naruto helped him with the trauma. He was from the Hidden Sand.

Yugito, the two-tails, was very polite and she was friends with Killer Bee, the eight tails.

Killer Bee liked to rap instead of speaking normally. Naruto found it funny. They were from the same village, the Hidden Cloud.

Yagura, the three tails, and the 4th mizukage were quite formal, but they had become good friends. He knew that he was thought to be very violent, but he was in the middle of a rebellion. He was from the Hidden Mist

Roshi, the four tails, was nice but they didn't have much in common. Han, the five tails, was in the same boat as Roshi. Both of them were from the Hidden Stone.

Utakata, the six tails, was now a missing-nin and was from the Hidden Mist as well. Naruto had a harder time getting in contact with him because he was always on the run. Naruto was trying to decide if he should tell him that his Mizukage was also a jinchuriki.

Fuu, the seven tails, was a little younger than him. They had a similar sense of humor. She was from the Hidden Waterfalls.

Naruto made it to the roof in two minutes, and he wasn't even out of breath. He found his sensei leaning against the rails. Naruto sat down across from him on the steps.

The gray-haired man raised an eyebrow. "You got here fast."

Naruto gave him a bright smile. "Is there something bad about that?"

The man chuckled. Before he could respond, Sakura and Sasuke, came up the stairs. Sakura was slightly winded, and Sasuke seemed to be fine.

Sasuke sat next to Naruto and Sakura sat next to him.

The man cleared his throat. "All right. Now that you're all here, let's do some introductions. My name's Kakashi Hatake. I have many interests, and I will be your sensei. Sakura, you go."

Naruto told Sakura. He had a pretty good idea that she would fangirl over Sasuke.

Sasuke's talking now.

Naruto leaned back and looked over at Sasuke as he talked.

Sasuke sighed. "My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I don't have many interests, and my goal is to kill a certain someone."

Naruto shifted. He didn't like the idea of killing someone. And from the way Sasuke was talking, Naruto guessed that it was for revenge.

Naruto gave a smile before he started talking. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki. I like ramen and foxes. My dream is to become Hokage."

Kakashi narrowed his eyes. The foxes thing was a little odd and very specific. He sighed. "All right. Tomorrow, I want you to meet me at training field 26 at 5 am sharp. Also, don't have breakfast. Later." He vanished.

Sakura seemed a bit miffed, but she didn't say anything.

Naruto shrugged. He jumped away
He wanted to get back to his house. He was expecting a message from Gaara. When he entered his house, he found one of the orange foxes on his bed, fast asleep. Its messenger bag flopped on either side.

With a soft smile on his face, he gently removed the letter from the bag.

Dear Naruto

I'm glad that you were able to graduate from the academy. I know that the Leaf does the same team setup as my village. As you know, I'm on a team with my two siblings. They still have no idea that I'm corresponding with you. Your foxes are very sneaky. I would like to know who your teammates are.

My father has not made any more attempts to kill me. I think that because I am now friends with my tailed beast, I'm not losing control. I am still cold with everyone else, even my siblings. You are still the only one I've opened up to. I guess I can't connect with even my siblings.

I have been doing a lot of missions lately. I still haven't gotten hurt.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Gaara

Naruto smiled. Sitting at his table, he started to write back to Gaara.

Dear Gaara

You are right that other villages do the same thing for teams. I think that most villages do that.

My team captain is Kakashi Hataka. He's a bit aloof, so I don't know much about him. He was late to meet us and was going to do a training drill tomorrow. I don't know what it is, but I think it will be fun.

My two teammates are Sakura Harano and Sasuke Uchiha. Sakura is a bit annoying. She's a fan girl of Sasuke. She has bright pink hair that is long. She's not the best fighter, but I think she would be good at medical ninjutsu. I know that you need good Chakra control to do it well. I'm not saying that because she's a girl.

Sasuke, on the other hand, is very good at hand-to-hand combat. He's good with shurikens. He is a bit of a jerk though. I do know that his clan was killed, so I guess that it's a defense thing. When we had our first talk as a team, he said that his goal was to kill someone.

I hope that we might meet in person someday.

Naruto

Naruto figured that he would send the message in the morning. It would be mean to the fox, whose name was Nora if he made her do it now.

He sat down on the bed and began to meditate. He would be training with Kurama, and changing his mindscape from a sewer to a grassy plain. This was not only for him but also for Kurama. He wanted him to feel less trapped. He hadn't removed that seal, as his body still wouldn't be able to handle the Chakra.

He hoped at tomorrow would be fun.