Ch. 18

Trigger warning: body stealing, over excretion.

Naruto headed to the hot springs. He guessed that Jiraiya would be there. When he was halfway there, he heard a voice call his name. "Naruto! Over here!"

Turning to the voice, he saw Jiraiya waving at him from the forest. Naruto smiled and ran up to him. "Hey, Pervy Sage! What are you doing here."

Jiraiya smirked. "I did say that I would train you, didn't I?"

Naruto gave him a big grin. "Thanks! Can we get to work?"

Jiraiya nodded. "Come with me. I know a good place to train."

They walked for about five minutes before they came to a clearing in the woods. In the middle, there was a river that poured into a lake.

Jiraiya smiled. "Okay. Now, do you know tree walking?"

Naruto nodded. Jiraiya smiled. "Okay. Good. I have a few things for you to do. First, take this."

He handed Naruto a piece of paper.

Naruto blinked. "What am I supposed to do with this?"

Jiraiya chuckled. He pointed at it. "That is called Chakra paper. When you pour Chakra into it, it will change based on what your Chakra nature is. If becomes wet, you have water. If it burns up, you have fire. If it crinkles, you have lightning. If it crumbles, you have Earth. If it spilt in half, you have wind."

Naruto looked at the paper and poured his Chakra into it. The paper split in half. A clean line right down the middle. "So I have wind." He said.

Jiraiya nodded. "Before we start on jutsus, I want to teach you water walking."

Naruto blinked. "What's that?"

Jiraiya put a hand on the scroll on his back. "It's like tree walking, only harder because water is a liquid. Because of that, it moves out and away from you, so you have to use more Chakra."

Naruto smiled and nodded. "Can I use shadow clones?"

Jiraiya tilted his head. "Why?"

Naruto smiled. "If I use clones, I can speed up my training. I get the memories of my clones when they disappear or are destroyed."

Jiraiya nodded. "I don't see why not."

Naruto smiled. "Thanks." He walked over to the lake and created 100 clones.

After a few hours, Naruto had mastered water walking. He walked over to Jiraiya as his clones vanished.
Jiraiya smiled. "That's impressive. Okay, now I want you to create 80 clones."

Naruto nodded. "Muti-Shadow Clone Jutsu."

80 Narutos appeared and started at Jiraiya. They were perfectly in sink, so they all blinked at the same time. "Stop staring at me. Move into groups of twenty. Each of you will work on a different jutsu."

After they got into their groups, Jiraiya moved to each group. "Okay. You 20 will work on this jutsu. Wind style, gale force wind!"

Jiraiya pulled his hand back and sent a blast of pressurized air that knocked several trees down.

"Ohh." The clones said.

Jiraiya smiled. "What you need to do is focus Chakra in an open palm and push your fist forward."

The clones nodded and went to work.

Jiraiya moved to the next group. "You'll do this jutsu. Wind style, Wind arrow Jutsu!"

Jiraiya made a few hand signs and held his hands in a finger gun and blasted an arrow made of air that went right through an oak tree.

The clones nodded and got to work.

Jiraiya moved to the next group. "You'll work on this one. Wind style, dust storm!"

The wind from this jutsu created a dust storm at blinded the clones. They rubbed their eyes and nodded.

Jiraiya went to the next group. "You guys will do this jutsu. Wind style, Air sphere prison!" He clasped his hands together and then pulled them apart, creating a small orb of wind and Chakra. The jutsu caught a clone and it found that it couldn't get out until Jiraiya put his hands down. "This jutsu does require you to stay still, so fair warning."

Jiraiya noticed that 20 more clones appeared in the group, and the clones were paired off.

He saw that Naruto sat down in the middle of the clones and put his hands together. Jiraiya walked up to him. "What are you doing?"

Naruto looked up. "I have to keep putting Chakra into the clones. If I put too much Chakra into the clones, then they can't handle it. If they run out of Chakra, then they'll disappear. I have to keep giving them Chakra so they can continue practicing."

Jiraiya nodded. "Alright. I'll let you focus."

Jiraiya walked off and head away from Naruto. He sensed a dark Chakra, that was also very familiar.

"Jiraiya-kun. Long time to see." The toad sanin turned to see Orochimaru. He was in the body of a woman and flicked his tongue in and out.

Jiraiya snorted. "Yeah right. What are you doing here?"

The snake sanin smiled. "I wanted to talk to you. Can't I see an old teammate?"

Jiraiya laughed with no humor. "An old teammate. What kind of a team has a member that abandoned the villages, one that is almost impossible to track down, and only ONE is still loyal to the village!" Jiraiya had started to shout by the end of his sentence.

Orochimaru hissed. "If you think I'm here to fight, you're sorely mistaken. I am only here to talk. I want you to join me."

Jiraiya's eyes bulged. "That will never happen!"

Orochimaru sighed. "How disappointing Jiraiya. I thought that I could get through to you."

Jiraiya scoffed. "Get lost before I kill you."

Orochimaru glared, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to win in this body. He slinked away and vanished into the shadows.

Jiraiya narrowed his eyes. 'That was too easy. He's planning something. I have to keep an eye on Naruto.'

After several hours Naruto had managed to grasp the basics of the four jutsus.

Gale force wind was the easiest for him as it was mostly about the Chakra, and he was already able to concentrate Kurama's Chakra in his fists.

Air bullet was fairly easy as well, but he had to concentrate it in a smaller area. The dust cloud was a bit harder, but he was able to get the hang of it.

The hardest one was the air sphere prison. This was only because he had never done anything like it before.

After his other clones finished with their jutsu, they would disappear. Naruto found that the only downside to using this was that he wore himself out fast.

Once he mastered all of them, Naruto sat against a tree and whipped some sweat from his forehead.

He heard a stick break and looked up. He found that Jiraiya was walking towards him. "H-hey P-pevry Sage."

Jiraiya looked at him. "Are you okay? Where are your clones?"

Naruto smiled. "I finished the jutsu. The only downside to using clones for training is-"

"That you also gain their exhaustion." Jiraiya finished his sentence.

Naruto nodded. "Yeah. I need a nap."

After he finished talking, he fell asleep on the tree. Jiraiya smiled and lifted him onto his back. As they walked back to town, Jiraiya noticed Kakashi reading his book.

Kakashi looked up and saw Naruto on the back of the toad sanin. He walked over to them. "Jiraiya-sama? What are you doing with Naruto-kun?"

Jiraiya smiled at him. "Naruto-kun's my godson. I've been training him. I'm taking him back to his house. He exhausted himself."

Kakashi nodded. "I understand. Thank you." The two men that care so deeply for Naruto parted ways. Jiraiya headed to Naruto's house, and Kakashi headed to help Sasuke with his training.