Ch. 8

Trigger warning: unsure Naruto, weapons, attempted kidnapping, hurt Kakashi+Sasuke+Naruto,

Naruto lay awake for several hours. 'Kurama, so you think I was too harsh on Inari?'

No. You had every right to say what you did. He was being selfish.

Naruto rolled over. 'I don't know. He did suffer.'

And so have you kid. He had no right to say that to you.

Naruto was still unsure, but he dropped it.

In the morning, he woke up a little bit early. Grabbing an apple, he let a note.

Going for a walk to clear my head. See you later.

~Naruto

Slipping out, he walked through the forest, eating the apple.

Would this count as abandoning the mission? Kurama asked.

"I doubt it." He said aloud, as he was alone. "It's not like I'm leaving forever. I mean, I was with Yagura-chan for a bit."

Fair point kid.

Naruto climbed up one of the trees, using the training to his advantage. It took him a while to get the hang of it.

"Hey, Kurama?" Naruto asked when he got to the top. "Can't ninja do the same thing with water as I'm doing on this tree?"

I think so. I mean, your mom did it.

Naruto smiled. He liked to hear stories about his parents.

After a few hours, he figured he'd head to the bridge. On his way there, he found a boar. It had been cut up pretty badly.

Kid! These cuts have been made with a katana! Kurama cut in.

"Katana?" Naruto muttered. "Do you think!"

It probably has something to do with Gato and Zabuza. Kurama agreed.

Looking around, Naruto saw that there were cuts all over the trees.

"The cuts are heading to Tazuna-san's house!"

I bet that Gato would stoop low enough to kidnap Tsunami and maybe even kill a kid.

Naruto raced back to the house. "I hope I'm not too late!"

Running through the forest, Naruto used a bit of Kurama's to increase his speed. As he ran, he created several shadow clones and had them turn into shurikens. He made sure to have them in a different bag than his real shurikens.

When he got within the sight line of the house. He saw that a wall had been cut apart in a similar to the way the trees were. Slipping under the docks, he waited for the swordsmen to come out.

A second later, two men can out with Tsunami, who had her hands tied behind her back. One with an eye patch, several scars, and sparse black hair. The second man had silver hair and a light blue shirt.

When they got about fifteen yards away, Inari came running out of the house and charged at the men.

One of the men knocked out Tsunami with a chop to the back of the neck.

Naruto realized that this was his chance to get Tsunami away from the men, and he would have to use substations jutsu.
When Inari get close enough, the two men slashed at him. Here, Naruto substituted a log and got Inari away.