Part 14 | Divination

"Good morning my dears, and welcome to Divination!"

Loki had been curious about the Divination classes, so you had offered to accompany him to one.

"Today, we will be predicting your future through the use of... tea leaves!" Professor Trelawney announced dramatically. "Please, retrieve your cups and leaves and gaze towards your future!"

"We're supposed to see our future through... leaves" Loki deadpanned to you, sitting opposite you at a small table near Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil.

"Apparently so" you replied, passing him a cup and saucer. "Sybil is lovely, however I'm not entirely sure about this class. Minerva thinks it's all crap."

"Well, there's only one way to find out" the God muttered, gazing down into his cup. "I'm going to befall a terrible incident regarding a... tree?"

"Ah yes, you will when I shove you into the whomping willow" you snickered, turning your own cup around. "I have a high chance of being attacked by a foreign item."

"Must be the brick I was planning to stab you with."

The two of you attempted to stifle your laughter in the back corner, covering your mouths with your hands as Lavender and Parvati glared disapprovingly.

"Alright" Loki chuckled, turning his teacup and flicking through the pages of the textbook he borrowed. "An unusual accident will occur, resulting in disastrous consequences."

"Damn" you sighed. "There goes my plan to force feed you carrots until you turned permanently orange."

"What a shame."

"Ooh, it says here that I will be chased by a disgusting beast with the intent of harm."

"Defiantly Pietro."

You burst out laughing, Professor Trelawney glaring over at you.

Loki put a hand over your mouth, effectively silencing your wounds of amusement.

"Very sorry Sybil, she's laughing in shock" Loki called out in a somber voice. "She's just found out she's going to be thrown into a pit of mental despair in the near future."

"I'm already in mental despair" you commented, the Gods lips pursuing in an attempt to keep a straight face.

Trelawney gasped, tears welling in her eyes as the other students looked at you sorrowfully.

"My dearest if you ever need anything, you know where to find me" she announced, rushing over to cup her hands over yours.

You nodded in what you hoped looked grateful from behind Lokis hand, the God not trusting you to not continue laughing.

"Well, we'd best be off for now Sybil, thank you for being so accommodating" Loki said, taking your hand gently in his.

"You are very welcome dear boy, please, come back sometime, I'd love to have the two of you here" the lady waved, turning back to a pair of students.

Loki teleported the two of you back to your classroom, both of you bursting out laughing.

"That was hilarious" you heaved out, Loki shaking his head.

"I can't believe people actually think that's true" the God rolling his eyes.

"Some of the things they do are cool."

"Like what?"

"Like... crystal ball reading?"

Loki snickered. "Really?"

"Hey! Don't insult the crystal ball reading! It is an art form."

"Sure it is love, sure it is."

————————————————————-

🎶Be running up the roaddddd, be running up that hillllll, be running up that buildingggggg🎶

Did I publish this at 4:42am? Yes, yes I did