Part 28 | Menace

"And then I teleported Thor and I home, leaving a room full of extremely angry giants" Loki concluded, finishing his story with a smirk.

The students were all laughing as the bell rang, Loki giving them a little wave as they trailed out the door.

"Would you happen to have any pictures of Thor in the brides dress?" You questioned with a grin.

"I do actually, my Mother used a preserving spell and placed it on a page" he chuckled. "She has them in her room."

"I want to see those."

"I promise to show you" he smiled, kissing your temple. "Now I suppose we should deal with the man in the wall outside."

"Can't believe he had the audacity to scare my students" you grumbled, walking back out into the hall.

Loki waved his hand, removing the blond man from the wall and grabbing him by the collar.

"Shut up" you groaned, the man trying to shout through his sealed lips.

The man continued shouting.

"I will cut your tongue out" Loki threatened, conjuring a dagger in one hand and holding it up threateningly.

The pair of you dragged the man throughout the halls, almost at Dumbledores office when you ran into McGonagall and Snape.

"What have you done to Lockhart??" McGonagall exclaimed, looking surprised.

"Oh, is that his name?" You questioned, shrugging innocently.

"Yes dear, this is Gilderoy Lockhart. Now why are you dragging him through the halls?"

"He decided to let a mob of Cornish pixies onto our students and then lock them in the classroom" Loki replied.

"So we're taking him to Dumbledore" you added, dragging him towards the gargoyle statue. "Blood pops."

"Why do you care about your students so much?" Snape asked, watching in amusement as Loki sat Lockhart on the upwards spiralling stairs.

"Because they're away from their families for weeks at a time, and I think that would be lonely" you answered, standing beside Loki on the moving stairs. "So I want to be there for them."

"They'll be fine" he replied blandly.

"You're harsh."

The man just shrugged, the gargoyle slowly sliding closed as the stairs reached the top.

Grabbing Lockhart by the collar again, Loki followed you through the Dumbledore office, small machines tinkling as you walked past.

"Oh, hello Y/n!" The paintings greeted, the previous headmasters looking down on the three of you. "Long time no see."

"Hello everyone" you greeted, Dumbledore looking up from his book.

"Ah, good morning Professors. How can I help?"

"This asshole decided to take over our classroom before we arrived and let out a cage full of Cornish pixies and lock them inside with our students" you answered, dropping Lockhart on the floor in front of you. "I am requesting permission to throw him to the giant squid."

"No Y/n, you can't do that but I will talk to him" Dumbledore answered with a chuckle, gesturing for Lockhart to sit in the chair opposite his desk.

"Thanks Albus. If he's still working here by the end of the day you can't stop me tying him to the Whomping willow."

"Or we could give him to the Centaurs" Loki suggested as the two of you left his office.

"No Loki!" He called out after the two of you, chuckling in amusement.

"We're definitely doing that darling" Loki whispered to you, a grin on his face.

———————————————————————

Lockhart screamed as the Whomping willow thrashed about, the man swinging violently from side to side.

"Professor! What in the heavens is going on here?!" McGonagall exclaimed in shock, her eyes wide as her and the gathering teachers and students followed Lockhart with their eyes.

"HELP MEEEEEEEEE!" Lockhart screeched, his robes flapping around pathetically as the tree waved it branches frantically.

"I warned Dumbledore that I would tie him to the Whomping willow if he was still working here by the end of the day" you smirked, Loki standing beside you with a matching expression. "I don't back away from a promise, so here he is."

"I don't know why I thought you were joking" Dumbledore mused, watching the distressed teacher.

"How did you even get him on there Professors??" A student called out from the now large crowd.

"I've been here for over fifty years, I have many secrets that I shall never reveal. Plus I had Professor Loki to help me this time."

"This time??"

"Oh yes, I do recall you tying a student to the willow around thirty years ago for going through your room" Dumbledore recalled with a slight chuckle. "You were not going leased about that."

"I would have thrown them to the giant squid but apparently that counts as murder and is frowned upon by your civilisation" you answered with a grin.

"Shame, murder is my favourite past-time" Loki commented in an airy voice, amusement playing on his features.

"There are children here!" McGonagall fretted. "How on Earth are we going to get him down from there??"

"It doesn't have to be on Earth, N/n and I can rip the tree out and take it to Svartalfheim, I'm sure Hreidmar wouldn't mind" Loki replied.

The students laughed as McGonagall tried to keep a straight face, Snape smirking slightly.

"Just please get him off dearies" she sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as you and Loki grinned at each other.

"You first darling" the God grinned, rolling his eyes as you stabbed him in the side before teleporting up to Lockhart's branch.

"Oh shut up" you commented as you ran up the branch, Loki right behind you. "Just pretend this is one of your mortal rollercoasters."

"WHY AREN'T YOU TERRIFIED OR FALLING OFF??"

"No need to scream, we can here you perfectly fine" Loki snickered as he untied his ankles, you untying his wrists. "And we are Gods, this isn't an issue for us."

"Bye now!" You said cheerily, throwing him off by his collar, McGonagall catching him with a cushioning spell.

"Come along my dear" Loki grinned, taking your hand and jumping off, the pair of you landing neatly on your feet.

"That's not fair! Why do you they get to just saunter away?!" Lockhart huffed, his hair a mess.

"I prefer the term strut" you corrected. "However I do accept power walk."

"Strut does sound better though" Loki added.

"You two are a menace" McGonagall sighed.

"You need us though" you grinned.

She was silent for a moment, before rolling her eyes with a smile. "I can't argue with that."

—————————————————————

'Sorcery' is currently in the top three for seven categories and is fourth in another, thank you all so so much that is absolutely insane😭