Part 26 | Dining And Dancing

"I'm so tempted to just give it a little shove-"

"Darling."

"What? I'm sure no one would even notice."

"No one is going to notice when you push over a massive ice sculpture?"

You shrugged casually, Loki chuckling to himself.

All the students had arrived, and you and Loki were currently heading towards the other Professors at the head of the room.

"Evening Severus" Loki greeted, the man nodding at the two of you.

"Snape, Snape, Severus Snape" you sang out, grinning. "Looking dashing tonight good sir."

"This is what I always wear" he replied in slight amusement.

"Really Severus? You couldn't of spiced it up a bit? Maybe have worn a hat?" You tutted.

"No."

"Or a shiny broach pin that says 'Y/n is my favourite Professor'?"

"Definitely not."

"A pair of silver heels?"

"How about you stop suggesting outfit improvements?" He suggested.

"Oh but I have the perfect pair" you pleaded, conjuring a pair of silver high heels and holding them up. "It would really top off the look."

He rolled his eyes, Loki grinning beside you.

"I do different colours as well. How about red?" You persisted, a shimmer of green rolling over the shoes and replacing the silver with a vibrant red.

He stayed silent, the corners of lips turned up slightly as you changed the colours over and over.

"You know what, I'm sure you're just shy" you grinned, conjuring a sliver gift box and placing the now bright pink shoes inside. "Here, enjoy."

"I am not taking the box."

"Oh but they'd look splendid on you Severus" Dumbledore commented from behind his goblet.

When he wasn't looking, you quickly put the gift box into his hands and dashed off, Loki following behind.

"Y/n! Get back here!"

"I expect to see you and those shoes out on the dance floor later!" You called back, giving him a wave.

"You are a menace to society love" Loki laughed, the two of you stopping beside the stage where the Weird Sisters were setting up to perform later.

"Thank you thank you" you grinned, taking a bow. "Now, time to dance Laufeyson."

"No. No no no-"

"Come on Lokes! All the other Professors are" you pleaded, the God looking over at McGonagall and Dumbledore twirling around as the others all got up to join them.

"Fine" he sighed, smiling slightly as the pair of you walked onto the dance floor.

"Incredible" Frigga whispered to the Weasley twins, the three of them eating fizzing whizzbees in the corner. "He never does anything anyone asks him to just to spite them."

"Told you they were in love" George nodded.

"I may be mistaken, but it seems that the Weasley twins and my Mother are conspiring in the corner" Loki whispered in your ear, placing one hand on your waist and holding your hand with the other.

Glancing over your shoulder, you spotted the three of them laughing quietly. "Your Mother is hilarious."

"Sometime" he mused, the two of you dancing slowly to the ballroom music. "What do you think they're talking about?"

"I have a pretty good idea."

He thought for a moment, before rolling his eyes in realisation. "Ah, I see."

"Who would have thought that a centuries old Asgardian Queen would befriend two prankster teenagers?" You laughed.

"Definitely not me" the God chuckled, spinning you around gracefully.

"See! I knew you could dance."

"Well you were correct darling. You're not so bad yourself."

"Only because Minerva made me help her teach the students how to dance. I would've been useless otherwise."

"I'm sure that isn't true."

"Okay now you're just being nice, not something I expected from the God of Mischief."

"Hey! I can be nice!" He replied indignantly, drawing you closer.

"Sure you can" you chuckled.

——————————————————————-

"You know, I'm glad I decided to go" Loki said suddenly as the two of you trailed down the hall at 3am, hand in hand. "I had fun."

"That's because I was there" you grinned. "I had fun too. You're not so bad Laufeyson."

"Is that all I'm worth? A 'not so bad'?"

"Yes, obviously."

The God chuckled, swinging your joined hands lightly. "I thought you liked me more than that."

"Never" you laughed, nudging him lightly. "Sorry if you got the wrong impression."

"You're so mean" he pouted, the pair of you stopping in front of your door. "Thank you for a wonderful night love."

"Thank you for dancing with me" you smiled, stretching up to kiss his cheek. "Goodnight- well, morning Lokes."

"Good morning my darling" he chuckled, smiling down at you before teleporting away.

—————————————————————-

Kinda short lol sorry guys, wrote this at 5:40 am functioning on zero sleep💪 going strong

Also does anyone have any shifting tips, I'm in need