Part 29 | The Battle

A frantic knocking at Loki's door woke the two of you up.

"Who the fuck bothers people at 3am?" Loki grumbled after glancing at the clock on his wall.

"Other than us, I don't know" you sighed tiredly, Loki reluctantly letting go of you so you could answer the door.

Pulling it open, you were met with the terrified face of Hermione.

"What's going on?" You asked, immediately awake. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's Harry" she panted out of breath, clearly having run here. "He's had a vision, he said to get you and Professor Loki."

"Is he alright?" Loki questioned, shimmering the two of you into robes as he walked up behind you.

"I don't know" she fretted, wrapping herself tighter in her dressing gown as you and Loki stepped into the hall.

Waving your hand, you teleported the three of you into the Gryffindor boys dormitory, a group of them all gathered around Harry's four poster bed.

"He's on his way" Harry gasped as soon as he saw you and Loki, his eyes wide with fear. "Voldemort, he got into my mind and he's on his way."

"How long?" You demanded, trying to conceal the rising panic you felt.

"A week" he replied, the others looking terrified.

"What do we do Professor?" Ginny trembled.

"Go back to bed everyone" you instructed firmly. "I know this is hard, but we will deal with this in the morning when you're all properly rested. We will get through this okay?"

The students nodded, some taking deep breaths to hide their fear. "Good night Professors."

"Harry, Hermione, come with us please" Loki called out, the two heading towards you.

"What about me??" Ron exclaimed.

"What about you?"

"Ron, no offence but you're no help" you said. "All you do whenever these two have done anything is annoy them and cause issues."

"Hey!"

"Not the time Ron" Ginny grumbled, heading back down the stairs.

"Come on you two, we need to go see Dumbledore" you hurried, teleporting the four of you to his office. "Loki, can you take them inside? I'll go get McGonagall and Snape."

The God nodded, telling the gargoyle the password before the three of them stepped into the moving elevator.

———————————————————————-

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" McGonagall asked Harry after he told them about the visions.

"Well it happened all the time so I just thought they were dreams" he sighed, pushing his glasses up his nose. "What are we going to do? He's coming to the castle."

"He'll bring his army" Dumbledore answered calmly, looking at you all over his folded hands. "Minerva, I'd like you to come with me to round up some assistance of our own. Severus, I'll leave you  as headmaster while I'm absent. Loki and Y/n, please help with evacuating the students, and hold training sessions for those who want to stay and fight."

"The students fighting?" McGonagall fretted. "Albus is that sensible?"

"I trust Y/n to decide who to send home" he replied firmly. "Only allow those who are capable, and do your best prepare them. They have a right to make their own decisions, and we need as much help as we can get."

"I believe you should leave Y/n in charge of the school" Snape announced suddenly, much to everyone surprise.

"What?" You asked in shock.

"She has been here much longer than I and has much more experience fighting" he explained, his face impassive. "Plus the students love her and are much more likely to stay calm if she looks after them all."

"Very well, thank you Severus" Dumbledore smiled, looking over at you. "Y/n, are you alright to run the school?"

"Um, yes" you replied finally, still stunned. "Are you sure though? I mean Severus-"

"I may find you overly enthusiastic sometimes, but that does not mean I believe you incapable" Snape interrupted your nervous babble, giving a rare smile.

"Am I hallucinating or did I just see Snape smile??" You gasped as the others laughed. "Someone pinch me- Loki it's a figure of speech!"

"I know" he smirked, much to the amusement of the others.

"How are we going to get the students out?" Snape questioned. "The train isn't operational and there would be too many for the boats."

"Loki and I can teleport groups out, and I'll put the Weasley twins to getting students out through their secret tunnels" you spoke up.

"My brother and his team will also help" Loki added. "They will be of great help."

"Thank you" Dumbledore nodded. "Alright everyone, Harry and Hermione, back to bed please and get some sleep. Professors, you know what to do."

You all nodded, McGonagall and Dumbledore preparing to leave.

"Let's go darling, we'll talk to the Avengers" Loki said, taking your hand and teleporting away.

—————————————————————-

How are my fellow Aussies after their first week back after holidays? Already want to pull a Splatasha Jumpanoff myself but that's okay

Wrote this chapter in ten minutes so sorry if it's kinda dodgey