Part 31 | An Army

"Tonight" You muttered, running a hand through your hair. "He's coming tonight."

"Couldn't we just give him the child?" Loki muttered, his worry making him frustrated. "Surely that's worth it to save the other children."

"No Lokes" you sighed, leaning against him. "We have to protect him."

He chuckled humourlessly, kissing the top of your head lightly. "I know darling, I'm just wishing this was easier. This is dangerous, for the children and for you."

"I'll be fine, don't pretend you're safe."

"I'm not, but I'm still worried about you."

"No time for that" you laughed quietly, nudging him in the side. "We have things to do. Are you wearing your armour for the battle?"

"Of course. Aren't you?"

"I am, I was just checking."

"If you die I'll kill you" he threatened.

"I'm hard to kill Lokes" you grinned. "Many have tried. Same for you."

"Then we'll be fine" he chuckled.

———————————————————

The sound of spells hammering against the force field was deafening as you dashed through the castle rounding up students.

"Are they here Professor?" A young boy asked fearfully, holding his wand right in his hand.

You resisted the urge to say "No shit Sherlock" and merely nodded, ushering them out of the Hufflepuff dorm.

Loki appeared around the corner with the Slytherins and Ravenclaws, the groups all meeting up with the Gryffindors whom you had gathered up a few minutes ago.

Professor McGonagall rushed into the great hall where everyone was now gathered, her robes flowing through the charged air.

"Now is the time to fight!" She announced loudly, looking around at all the students. "The force field is down, we were unable to hold it any longer. You've trained for this all week, make it count."

With that, she strode back out of the double doors, the group of determined students pulling out their wands and following after as the roar of the death eaters reached your ears.

"Come on darling" Loki called out to you as the Avengers ran out the door after them. "Ready to fight?"

"As I'll ever be" you grinned, taking his outstretched hand as he teleported the two of you to the front doors.

It was chaos outside, spells flying left and right, bright flashes of colour colliding mid air as bodies collapsed all around.

"Wands or weapons?" You questioned, glancing over at the God.

He smirked, conjuring two large daggers. "I've always fought well with blades."

"Weapons it is then" you grinned, conjuring two of your own. "Person with the most Death eaters killed wins."

"Deal" he answered, his smirk widening as he kissed your temple. "Stay safe my love."

"That's a new one" you smiled as he rolled his eyes.

"I'll tell you after we survive this darling" he promised, killing a Death eater that had run up to the pair of you. "Now hurry up, you're losing."

"Asshole" you laughed, twirling your daggers as you ran off in a different direction. "I'm going to beat you!"

"I'm already on six!" He shouted back with a grin, fighting off four of five Death eaters at once. "You've got some catching up to do love!"

"Rude" you chuckled, defending a group of students from Death eaters.