Part 30 | Preparations

"Alright everyone, please listen up!" You shouted out, quieting the Great Hall that was filled with students. "As you all know, Voldermort will arrive at the school in little over a week."

A nervous chattering broke out amongst the students, fearful expressions scattered on faces throughout the crowd.

"Quiet please!" You called out, the children quieting. "Thank you. Now, we are able to get those out who wish to return home, but by the orders of Dumbledore you can stay and fight if you choose to do so. Those who are leaving, we will begin immediately after this while those staying will be trained for battle. If you wish to leave, please move to the back of the hall near the double doors, and move to the front of you wish to stay."

The students began clambering around, splitting into the two groups.

Around half of the school chose to leave, while the other half chose to stay.

Your chest tightened as you spotted all of the Weasley children, as well as Harry, Hermione and Neville all staying, their faces set in determination.

You saw Loki's jaw clench slightly as he found Clara in the crowd, the little girl standing amongst those who were staying to fight, trying to look brave.

"Very well" you sighed, nodding gravely. "To those who are staying, thank you. Your bravery has not gone unnoticed. Please stay here Professor Snape and Professor Flitwick, they will begin to train you as Professor Loki and I help the others to leave. Fred and George Weasley, please come with us."

Loki gently took your hand, teleporting the two of you to the back of the hall to begin evacuating the students as the twins started taking smaller groups to their secret tunnels.

After a couple of hours, Fred and George led the last group of older students out of their tunnels and through the deserted town of Hogsmede where parents could safely collect their children.

You and Loki were checking that everyone had been evacuated when the battle lessons for today were dismissed so the students could have lunch before returning.

"I need to find Clara" Loki said suddenly, his face showing worry. "She's too young to be here, hardly any of her class stayed."

Using a honing spell, the two of you located the young girl sitting by herself on a nearby staircase.

"Clara, you need to go home" Loki told her firmly once you reached her, crouching down in front of her. "Your family will be worried."

"No" she replied bravely, looking up at him. "I want to stay and fight. It isn't fair that Voldemort should be able to come in here and take away what isn't his."

You noticed how she was one of the only students brave enough to say his name.

"I know it isn't fair, but we will stop him and then you can return to school" the God replied gently. "I want you to be safe, and here isn't safe at the moment."

"I can fight, Professor Snape said I was good at it" she insisted.

"We know you are" you intervened, kneeling down beside Loki. "But as Professor Loki said, we want you to be safe, your family will have peace of mind having you with them."

"No they won't" she muttered. "They don't care. That's why I don't go home for the holidays, they don't want me there."

You and Loki looked at each sadly, not sure what to make of that.

"I know how that feels" he started eventually, the little girl looking up in surprise. "My Father doesn't want me around either. If you stay, you must stay with Professor Y/n and I."

"Okay!" She smiled, jumping up to hug him. "Thank you for letting me stay!"

Loki looked shocked, glancing over at you nervously. You gently moved his arms so they wrapped around the girl, the God cautiously returning the sentiment.

When she let go, she hugged you tightly as well before running off to join the other students for the battle training.

"Why did you look so shocked?" You questioned him, the God still looking apprehensive.

"Other than my Mother, I can count on one hand the amount of hugs I've received" he replied, tucking a fallen strand of raven hair behind his ear.

"What about Thor?"

He looked down at you in amusement. "His bone shattering embraces do not count."

You laughed, the God chuckling along with you.

"Well I'll have to fix that won't I?" You said, wrapping your arms around him.

He hesitated momentarily before wrapping his arms slowly around your waist, his chin resting on top of your head.

"See? Not that bad" you smiled, looking up at him.

"I suppose not" he mused, kissing your forehead softly.

"Just date already!" The twins shouted out as they dashed past.

"Fuck off you two!"

—————————————————————-

My third chapter in two days💪

This is what happens when I don't write for a while, all my ideas that I've been keeping come flooding out all at once