A Talk With Galleous

Note this will be a somewhat short chapter maybe not but will see but hey I'm glad that people enjoy this story it means a lot. Also pleased to leave votes for our Fire boi Flame. He needs the love ❤️

As Flame and Senn rode next to each other in the back Senn noticed Flame and had a hunch about what was up, "are you going to talk to him about it?" Senn asked, "Not yet," Flame said still a bit shaken by what happened earlier, "I'm sure he will understand. He understood when I told him I wanted to join the Knights of Ardonia. I'm sure he will understand your problem. You know he thinks that he did something wrong make you upset and quick training" Senn explained and Flame looked shocked, "No it wasn't him" Flame says, "then tell him that" Senn says riding up ahead to talk with Ria and Flame felt he knew what had to be said and knew exactly how he was going to do it.

Later that day the team made their way to their main base. As they hopped off their horses Flame whispers follow me into Galleous' ear and he did so. Flame had a small camp set up for them to talk, "what's this all about" Galleous asked, "I... I don't know how to explain... and I don't think you'll understand." Flame mumbles, "If you try to explain, I will try to understand." Galleous says Flame took a little breath before continuing, "Remember when I quit your training?" Flame asked and Galleous nodded, "it was never you. It's my fault" Flame paused, trying to shove his buried feelings of  anger and sadness back down," what do you mean?" Galleous asked then gasp when Flame shows his arms that were covered in scars, "I didn't earn these for being a fighter" Flame stated," I got them for being a son" Flame says as he looked up and Galleous felt looked at Flame," but Kai said you guys had a good life" Galleous asked," they had a good life. But I didn't. I was always the runt of the littler. the kid that always was blamed even when it was never my fault" Flame says starting to cry," I was always given more chores than them and they always wanted to mess around with my chores like harvesting the crops and I had to spend countless hours doing chores and what was worse was when they made a mistake they blamed me for it" Flame said beginning to break down again.
Galleous had never seen Flame like this, "I was afraid that if you knew this...well I don't know what you would think. I thought things would be just like things were back home" Flame says wiping tears away," I never knew. All this time you tried to push your true emotions down and you everything. It was you who had the demons" Galleous says placing a hand on Flame's shoulder," I'm so sorry you had to put up with all this" Galleous says," I know what it is like to have so much responsibility" Galleous says," as the older brother I had to watch out for Thalleous. I was afraid for him. That one he may never return. When Achillean told me of his murder I was devastated. I didn't know what to do with my life anymore" Galleous felt his eyes watering up," but I learned to let go of the past or it will be the very thing that destroys you" Galleous finished and Flame hugs him," Thank you" Flame mumbles and heads back to camp.

That night Galleous felt his grief for Thalleous leave him. He felt like a new person. Someone who would always be there when someone needs it. And that person who needs it is Flame. He was the one suffering. Galleous would do his part and Flame would do his. Flame on the other hand felt better now that he could let go of the past and now he knows that the past is past and things will change but that is the beauty of life.

"Change can be difficult but that's how we grow. It can be the hardest thing to realize you can't hold onto something forever. Sometimes you have to let it go. But the things you let go you'd be surprised what makes its way back to you" Anne Boonchuy (I think I spelled it right?)

Wow, the feels of this chapter make it a lot of fun writing. Thanks again for all the support. Be sure to vote and give love to our Fire boi Flame. He needs it. See y'all later bye Otter Clan 🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦🦦