A Bond Like No Other

"Thalleous?" Galleous asked and Thalleous looked up and saw Galleous standing there, "long time no see brother," Thalleous said with a chuckled as he came down slowly and limped over, "What happened?" Galleous asked, "Oh this is nothing. I've dealt with worse you know that" Thalleous joked, "Not like this!" Galleous protested and Thalleous laughed and hugged him, "come on we have a lot of catching up to do," Thalleous said leading him away. Ria looked confused and then walked over to Senn, "what happened to Thalleous? I thought he was staying with Ophelia in the barrier mountains?" Ria asked

"Oh yeah about that. They kind of found out" Senn started as he unloaded the bags off the ship, "Thalleous make them a deal. If they helped us stop Michel Thalleous would put in a good word with the masters and the Voltaris could finally live in peace with the other clans" Senn explained, "So has that happened yet?" Ria asked, "Oh yeah Thalleous put in the word and now they live in a small village and are pretty happy there. I'm pretty sure Thalleous just took Galleous there now" Senn said, "here let me give a hand," Ria said as they helped unload the ship.

"And then we found Achillean and came here" Galleous finished explaining what happened and noticed limping slightly, "Are you sure you're alright?" Galleous asked, "I'm fine I told you I just sprained it during a battle it is nothing," Thalleous said as they entered a small village and Galleous saw the Voltaris living peacefully and not bothering them as they entered Thalleous' house, "Ophelia, Deltheous, Almrak I'm back," Thalleous said and Ophelia came down and greeted them, "hello again Galleous wow you haven't changed a bit," Ophelia said with a smile and Deltheous and Almrak came down, "Evening father," Almrak said then faced Galleous, "Evening Uncle," Almrak said. Galleous will never get used to having someone call him "uncle" and wasn't sure how to answer. Galleous didn't even notice Thalleous had moved and sat down leaning back in his chair. Thalleous sighs and unshifts his sword from his back and sat it next to him, "I still remember when I made that for you" Galleous points out and Thalleous chuckled, "I as well remember. I will always remember the things we did together" Thalleous said.

"What kinds of stuff do you remember from your childhood Father?" Almrak asked curious, "Well I remember when Galleous saved me from drowning once," Thalleous said and Galleous remembered that day. It was raining in Sendaria...

"You boys be careful now ok. The rocks are slippery, and I don't want you to trip" their mother would tell them, "Yes ma'am" they would reply, "And Galleous watch after your brother. You know how he is with rain" their mother Alma warned and Galleous nods, "yes mom I will" Galleous responds and heads after his brother. The rain poured and most of the children were out playing in the poodles of water. But what the brothers loved more than anything was to play games in the rain.

"Thally where did you go?" Galleous called out but no answer, "Thalleous?" Galleous called again but again no answer then something hit Galleous and he fell with a thud only to hear faint giggles, "I have got you once again dear brother" Thalleous said helping his brother up, "No fair I wasn't ready Thally" Galleous said and then they began to play fight each other.

As they ran up and down the paths Galleous suddenly stops, "who did you stop Gally?" Thalleous asked, "we have to be careful remember mother said the rocks are slippery. I don't want to get hurt" Galleous warns, "Don't worry if you fall, I'll pick you right back up," Thalleous said, "And I'll do the same for you" Galleous responds, and they continued to run and play.

The pair had been playing outside in the growing puddles, stomping around to see who could make the biggest, grandest splash. In their efforts, they had run to the edge of Sendaria, to a land that was almost unfamiliar as rain poured down in sheets, but they hardly minded. It was also near a river with rushing waters.

Thalleous climbed up a rock and sprang into the air, poised to careen into a magnificent puddle as Galleous watched from a safe distance away. Yet, he came down and landed the wrong way, and with a shriek, his leg buckled beneath him and fell into the river with a splash.

Galleous remembered how his heart had quickened, desperation heightening his senses and his worry. Reality set in: They were caught outside in a thunderstorm and Thalleous had fallen into the river and Galleous darts after him.

"Gally!" Thalleous called and his brother ran after him. Thalleous tried to keep his head above the water, but the waves kept pushing under, "Hang on!" Galleous called and remembered this trick Thalleous showed him. He pulled out a piece of paper with a symbol on it and hit. It created a vine that wrapped around a large tree and then Galleous tossed the other side to Thalleous, who held on with a tight grip, "Don't let go Thally" Galleous called out, but Thalleous' grip was loosening as the wet vine made it difficult.

"Somebody, help!" Galleous cried out as he held the vine tight, but it was slipping in the mud.

As if summoned by his cry, a bright yellow light erupted from nowhere to reveal a figure jogging towards the pair, somewhat veiled by the deluge. The figure grabbed the vine and pulled with all their might and Thalleous was pulled out of the water.

"Galleous, Thalleous! Are both of you all, right?" Asked the familiar voice as its owner reached the children and bent down to get a closer look.

Galleous blinked rainwater out of his eyes and helped Thalleous up, letting him lean on shoulder as they peered up at the tall Sendaris through relieved eyes. "Dad! I'm okay, but he hurt his foot."

"It got twisted," Thalleous winced, holding it.

He let out a slight sigh and knelt down, assessing his injury as she stretched out his leg. Their father's large fingers were surprisingly gentle on his ankle as he inspected it. "Fortunately, it's not broken. However, I would advise against putting weight on it for the time being." His azure eyes flicked up to meet both of them, full of warmth. "Oh, just be happy that I found the two of you. Your mother is none too pleased." he responded with an unpleasant tone.

"I-it was an accident!" Galleous stammered, but their father, Iren held up a hand.

"There will come a time for explanations later. Climb on up, Thalleous." Iren reached out and took her weight from Galleous's side, removing the glowing greatsword from his back. Galleous' eyes widened as he took in the legendary blade, but the Sendaris focus was focused on something else.

"Please don't be mad father" Thalleous mumbled, "I'm not mad just disappointed. I should have gone with you" Iren said as they began to run. Galleous made sure to stay close as they ran back home.

When they got home and Thalleous got all patched up and Galleous sat next to him, "Thally are you ok?" Galleous asked, "I'm fine just can't walk for a while" Thalleous replied and then faced his brother, " Hey Gally, can you promise me something?" Thalleous asked and Galleous nods, "If I fall will you pick me up?" Thalleous asked, "Of course. We have a bond like no other" Galleous replies and gave Thalleous a hug...

"And after that our father came with us every rainy day" Thalleous finished and hadn't noticed Senn in the doorway, "I still owe it to them I keep you safe" Galleous mumbles, "Did you keep that promise?" Senn asked, "Yes we did. For as long as I can remeber" Thalleous said then noticed Ria wasn't with Senn, "Where's Ria?" Thalleous asked, "I took her and the others to their rooms for the night. I'll show them around tomorrow" Senn said heading upstairs.

That night Galleous walked into a guest room which Ophelia set up for him earlier and hopped in the hammock and stared at the sealing What happened to you Thalleous Galleous thought to himself after seeing Thalleous the way he was at the dock. Tomorrow Questions will get their answers....