something else I whipped up while stressed

A small girl walked around in her hometown, observing her neighbors. They lived their lives so free. It seemed to be without a care in the world, and even though the girl knew that they had their own lives and problems, could she not help but wonder how? How could they seem so happy and peaceful? She honestly envied them. She walked through the street noticing how everyone quieted down as she approached them, but she had no idea why they did so. Did they hate her that much? She didn't know, but it wouldn't matter as she would move soon. She went to the butcher, which she always used. The elder woman who owned the shop talked with her son-in-law. Neither had noticed that the girl had entered the shop, but she didn't mind waiting for them to be done. They soon took notice of her and stopped their conversation going into a tense silence. The elder didn't say a thing but just gave a soft smile to the girl. She was in her early sixties but looked young for her age.

"Do you have 5 pock neck cutlets and a cow heart?" She asked. The woman found the cuts of meat that the girl asked for.

"That'll be 50 ron," The woman said. The girl took out her purse and placed the amount on the counter. She took the bag with meat and looked at the two one last time before making her way to the door. She was about to leave, but a hand on her shoulder stopped her. She turned back and saw the butchers son in law.

"Gradient, If you are ever in trouble just know you can talk to any member of my family," He said. The girl just looked at his mother-in-law, who nodded.

"Even though I appreciate it, do I have to disappoint you as I'm moving in a week," She said. The two seemed genuinely shocked.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" they both asked.

"Who cares if I move or not. You should all be happy that I leave," She said getting free of his grip and leaving. She went to the farmer's market and bought the rest of her groceries only to go home and make lunch for her siblings. She didn't want anything for herself not being used to eating more than one meal a day. She sat in a different room waiting for her siblings to finish their meal but they walked in and dragged her to the table and told her to eat a portion that they prepared for her. The stew in front of her only made her want to puke. While her siblings saw a delicious meal did Gradient see rotten food. She was convulsing before they could even get her to eat. The sight of plated food in front of her made her nauseous. 

"Gradient what is wrong? We know it's not something with the food," Her only sister said coldly almost annoyed. Gradient got away from the table just as she threw up. One of her two brothers came over to her and held her hair so it wouldn't get covered in vomit.

"Sorry," She said once done.

"Don't say sorry just tell us why you can't eat the food you cook," Her other brother said as coldly. They went back to the table, but there was no longer food in front of her.

"This is another thing mom implanted in me. If there are certain things in the food or I've already eaten then The food will seem rotten to me," Gradient admitted. Her brother the one who seemed cold turned to her pissed.

"Let me guess she feed you rotten food if you ate more than the one?" He asked pissed. Gradient looked at him.

"No, she wasn't that kind. She trapped me in a barrel filled with rotten food and whatever worms were down there for up to 2 hours at a time," Gradient said. Her brother turned to her.

"Honestly you are just one sob story after another. I can't see why we even put up with you," He said and walked past her. Gradient sat still letting his words sink in. It hurt but like all of her other scars would she never show it until it broke her. She got up only for her sister to place a hand on her.