𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁

"These violent delights have violent ends

"These violent delights have violent ends."

ROWAN STARKOV
"We're under attack." Axel and I walked side by side down the hallway, and the girls followed behind us. We woke up this morning to an alarm when Scarlet called and said there was a report that the place was under attack.

Dante joined our side, tapping away at his phone. "The helicopter is ready; we need to get to the roof without running into the possible intruders."

"I want Gianna and Sofia on that helicopter first, Axel and I are going to deal with the intruders while you guys get to safety-"

"No, you are going with us Rowan, you know what happens when you leave us," Gianna fought. I stopped and turned to her, she was eight months pregnant now and her belly was as large as a melon. Sofia clung to her mother's hand with her bunny gripped in her arm.

Gianna gave me a look of fright, eyes red with tears and lips parted. "Gianna..." I couldn't continue my sentence when she shook her head and backed away from me.

"You promised Rowan, I'm not going through this again," her voice broke.

Dragging a hand down my face, I turned to the guys. "Declan, you're coming with us, Dante, go with Axel."

"Don't wait for us once you're on that helicopter, I have an SUV packed and ready for us out front, now go!" Axel ordered, walking off with Dante by his side.

I picked up Sofia and gripped my wife's hand, walking down another hallway. Declan kept me updated on the intruder's location, a group of them was heading our way. We entered the top floor and rushed toward the balcony that led up to the roof.

"Daddy, I can hear the helicopter," Sofia muttered into my neck. I chuckled and kissed the side of her head, rushing Gianna up the stairs in front of me. She cradled her belly and tried her best to get up the stairs as quickly as possible.

The second we reached the top; Scarlet appeared and ran toward us. "I got her as soon as possible, get on quick, Axel and Dante have dropped seven out of twenty bodies already." She pulled out a gun and rushed us into the helicopter. I strapped Sofia into the seat before working on Gianna's seat belt.

Sofia screamed and covered her ears when gunshots began to go off. Scarlet was shooting at the men running up the stairs, slowly walking back towards the helicopter. I quickly finished Gianna's straps and checked for Declan.

"Declan!" I shouted in search of him.

"We need to go!" Scarlet hopped into the pilot's seat, pushing me into the passenger seat.

"No, where the hell is Declan?" She gave me a worried look and jerked her head somewhere behind me as she got ready for take-off. I turned my head spotting Declan outside of the plane, fighting off the men attempting to shoot at us.

He held a bloodied knife in one hand with a gun in the other, killing them quickly but more piled onto the roof as we lifted into the air. "No, no, no!" I yelled, beating against the window as I watched my best friend go down with a bullet in his leg, then another in his chest.

Tears stung my eyes when Declan looked up at me with a small smile, blood pouring from his mouth. The helicopter got farther away as I watched the herd of men evade the roof, walking over Declan's limp body.

A hand pulled me back against my seat, my chest felt tight and restricted, and my lungs burned. "Rowan, baby, look at me..." I couldn't look at her, I could barely hear anything going on around me.

Everything felt numb for a split second before I jerked on impact. "Daddy!" I jerked my head toward Sofia who clung onto Gianna, I looked at Scarlet who was struggling with the controls, and then I looked at the top of the helicopter where fire and sparks ignited.

"Someone shot the wing; we're going to crash!"

"Fuck!" I jumped out of my seat and shielded my girls with my body, gripping onto anything I could with everything in me. The helicopter swung out of control, getting closer and closer to the trees surrounding the place.

Gianna and Sofia gripped my shirt tightly and screamed, I buried my face in my wife's hair and hoped. I hoped that my girls would be safe, that my unborn child would be okay, and that I can be lucky enough to make it after this.

The last thing I heard before the crash was Gianna screaming my name in horror.

"Get him off of them and get the girls, quickly and safely!"

"Wait, make sure my daughter and grandchild are alive, and take Rowan with us!"

"We have strong pulses; we will check the baby in the car."

"Thank god," someone whispered.

"What about the Russo daughter?"

"Taking her would be a death sentence for all of us, leave her."

"Yes sir."

"Ah, Rowan, Rowan, Rowan, I am going to make you suffer like never before."

My head felt heavy but everything else was numb, the circulation in my arms was drained and cold by someone cutting it off at my wrists. I slowly opened my eyes, finding my vision blurry for a second, but then everything came into focus.

I was in familiar stone confinement, my toes barely touching the floor and my chest bared with blood and sweat. Memories of the past flashed into my memory, the same ones I suffered with for so long. Like déjà vu, I lifted my eyes from the ground to shiny black shoes, a tall frame, and a devilish face.

He gave me a blank stare, the light hitting his blue eyes just perfectly.

"Where are my girls?" I rasped; my throat was as dry as sandpaper.

"Your girls are across the manor, farthest away from you. Don't worry, the two of them of perfectly fine along with that unborn child of yours, surprisingly," Valentine scoffed.

Relief and rage surged through my veins like fire at his words. He rose from his chair and down the rest of his drink, tucking one hand in his pocket while the other held his empty glass. Valentine stood in front of me with a blank look, scanning my scarred face and torso.

"You chose this, son, you chose to defy me, to work against me, to put your wife in more harm by getting her pregnant. Sofia no longer holds the same love and trust for me as before, so I figured to put one of your mistakes to use..." a slow smirk spread on his face.

"I'm going to kill you at some point, then I might do to Gianna what I did to her mother, and... I think I'll keep Sofia and that unborn baby to myself. Ivan Volkov inspired me with what he did with The Viper, and I think I want to do the same, only I'm going to be far more successful than he was-and there is no failing in this plan."

Valentine watched my anger rise with a joyful smirk on his face. He stepped up to me until he was close enough for me to smell the vodka in his breath.

"I'm going to ruin you, Diavolo, I made you."

"You made a monster stronger than you'll ever be, give it your all," I challenged.

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •