Control is The Key

Rosabell woke up in an unfamiliar place, in an unfamiliar bed. She rose to a sitting position in the bed. The room gave her a cabin feeling, and it somewhat felt like she had been here before. Her head was spinning, it felt like she had a bad hangover. She rubbed her eyes and let out a yawn, still feeling a bit groggy and it was hard for her to stay focused on the situation she was in. She remembered how she was on a mission trying to save Stefan, and that someone attacked her in the forest. She remembered that she woke up in a car and a man gave her something to drink and blacked out again. But she got the feeling that she knew the man. Rosa heard a small knock on the door and in walked a man, her heart was pounding, not knowing what his intentions were. He had a small smile on his lips and moved very slowly, not wanting to scare the girl. Rosa thought that he looked kind of friendly with his dark brown hair, his style of clothes reminded her a lot of the English countryside. But the weirdest thing was that he reminded her a lot of her dad. Then it clicked.

"Uncle Joshua?" She hesitated, not knowing if she actually was correct. She hadn't seen him in 15 years after all.

"Good day, Rosabell." He said with a warm hearting smile. "I'm sorry that we had to meet this way, and I promise you that I will explain everything for you later." He said and put down a cup of hot liquid on the nightstand. "You have grown up a lot since last time. Please, drink up and come downstairs when you're ready." Joshua said and was just about to close the door when he turned around, "You should also check your phone, it has been buzzing all night."

The door closed with a click and Rosabell picked up her phone that was right next to the cup her uncle had put down. And right when she opened her phone Elena called.

"Elena?" Rosa answered

"Rosabell, thank god you answered. You just disappeared yesterday. Where are you?" She said both worriedsome and angry.

"I'm-I'm..."

"Jenna said that you were going out of town, meeting a friend." Elena cut her off, but Rosa was relieved that she did so that she didn't have to explain that she was kidnapped by their uncle. "Rosa, did something happen to you? Should I call Stefan and Damon?"

"No no." She answered fast, not wanting to pull the Salvatore brothers into this. She still didn't know why her own uncle had kidnapped her, but it didn't seem like he wanted to hurt her. And she also had some of her own questions she wanted answered. So Rosa took the decision to lie to her sister, only because she knew her sister would try saving her the second she knew the truth. "I'm fine, just needed some time off from all that is happening. Don't worry, I'm fine."

She could hear her sister letting out a small 'humph' on the other side, knowing that she was annoyed not getting a straight answer from her. "If you don't want to tell me the truth, you don't have to. But just be careful." Elena said and hung up. Rosa pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance and took a sip from the mint tea, she didn't know if Elena was upset or actually okay with her not telling her the truth. After she had finished her drink she decided to find her uncle. She walked down the stairs to a big open room, the living room she thought, and in one of the couches sat her uncle, reading a book, but closed it when she entered the room.

"Rosabell, perfect timing, Aiden was just done with lunch." He said and made a gesture with his hand to follow him. They entered the kitchen and a blond man was standing peeling potatoes. "Rosabell, this is my husband, Aiden." He said and the blond man dryed his hand and held out it towards her.

"It's nice to finally meet you Rosabell." He said in a calm tone, like he was scared that she was being frightened of him.

"Nice to meet you too." Rosa said politely and shook his hand. But the moment she did all of her hair on the arms rose and her neck started to sting. She had felt this way before, when she had touched Anna. She looked at her uncle in confusion who just laughed at the event.