𝐙𝐋𝐕 | 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄

"Anything you can do, I can do bleeding

"Anything you can do, I can do bleeding."

Back to the past...

ROWAN STARKOV
"I have a plan, son," Valentine began.

We had just finished business in Moscow, Russia before heading back to the Rostov manor. I was ready to rush into the shower and spend some time with my girls, but Val decided to pull me into his office before anything.

"What plan?"

I watched him circle his desk, leaning on the front of it with his hands tucked in his pockets. "You might not like the idea, but I want you to hear me out and think about it." Theories of what he might come out and say filled my head, but Valentine was never one for the expected. He was always five steps ahead with things he knew others wouldn't think twice about, it was what made him such a feared and successful leader.

"I'm listening."

"I built a monster out of you from a young age and although some things in that past I have come to regret, it all created this." He motioned to me. "Think about Sofia, if we started her off with training-"

"I'm going to stop you right there, I respect you like hell but when it comes to my daughter, my flesh and blood-there's no chance in hell-"

"Listen, Rowan, we could make her into something much more dangerous than you. Leonid will one day give the mafia an heir, Luka will give the mafia children that will take part in the mafia, and Gianna has already begun the journey. You as her father-"

"As her father, I will make sure my daughter does not make the same mistakes I did. I was a little boy whose father owned half of Russia, I walked down those streets like a prince and one wrong turn out of our territory led me to this-to you. You think I want my daughter to endure ten times the amount of torture I went through!"

The second that last word left my mouth; the back of his hand came down on my cheek. The gold ring on his finger sliced into my skin and my head whipped to the side. My fingers grazed the wounded skin, slowly turning to look up at him, his chest was heaving and his eyes were wide as if he didn't know what he just did.

"I want Sofia to become the world's next deadliest assassin, taking after her father who comes from a non-blood related line of deadly assassins. It will not only benefit her but this entire family, Gianna may not agree with this, but you are the man, I count on you to bring her to an understanding."

My blood boiled at his words; he assumed I would just comply with his words just because he threw one swift slap to my face. I have deep cuts and lashes on my back that proves it'll take much more than that to get me to back down.

I could kill this man within a second, but he owned most of Russia, his daughter is my lover and mother of my child, and he has one son that is more dangerous than him. Killing him meant war.

So, I was counting on my next best option because there is no way in hell, I was ever going to let my daughter be like me. I was going to take Gianna and Sofia away from this place, and disappear to England as Gianna has always wanted. We would restart, still, run and maybe start a war in-between, but I had faith that we had more fight left in us to last an eternity.

I was done being Valentine's assassin.

"We're done here," I muttered, lifting myself out of my seat and walking out of his office. I rushed to me and Gianna's room, opening the door quietly.

"Little bird," I whispered, eyeing her shaken figure.

She stood next to the bed with a suitcase on the bed and clothes stuffed inside. I watched her pull out a smaller one we had bought for Sofia and pack some folded clothes inside of it. "No, no, no," I closed the door and stepped over to her quickly, grabbing her shoulder and making her face me. "What the fuck are you doing, Gianna? What the fuck?"

Tears spilled from her eyes, her cheeks flushed and her chin trembling. "I love you but I'm not letting you do that to our daughter, I heard what he said, you didn't even protest against it!"

How much did she hear? Because it sounds like she didn't hear the right part. Fuck.

"Gianna, listen to me, it's not what you think." She pushed me away and started packing her stuff quickly, shoving random things into the bag. I threw things out and onto the floor, throwing Sofia's bag onto the floor and then her's next. My hands cupped her damp cheeks, pulling her to me until our foreheads rested against each other.

"You have to listen to me, I can't lose you, I can't lose my girls-please listen," I cried.

At this point, both of us were sobbing, my knees gave out and I landed on the floor clinging to her waist. "I didn't agree to it, I swear it, we need to run away-we need to..." I couldn't finish my words because a sob ripped out of me.

She was going to leave me.

She is going to leave me.

"Shh," Gianna grabs my bicep, lifting me up and leading me to the bed. As tears roll down her cheeks, she sits me down and lowers herself onto my lap. "I love you so much, Rowan Starkov, always know that."

Her lips connected and her hands led mine up her thighs and under her nightgown. This felt nothing like other times, not even close. Because as we slowly kissed and cried, as she whispered her love for me, it all felt like a goodbye.

At that moment I was sure that this time, I wouldn't let her go. As we stripped each other naked and slowly made love, my arms stayed around her waist tightly and our tears mixed without sweat.

When we finished, I held her so tightly that I was sure she was practically chained to me. But when I woke in the morning, her side of the bed was empty, my eyes were swollen, her things were gone, my heart was racing, and my daughter was nowhere to be found.

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •