fifty-three: can't say no to that

I asked if you wanted a smut scene and the answer was an unanimous YES, so here we go. It's definitely not my strongest suit, but hey you can't say I didn't try. :) If you want to skip this chapter, it shouldn't affect the story too much.

°°°°

nathan dawson's pov:

I think Solar would have been completely fine with having the house all by ourselves, but even he couldn't ignore how nervous I had become as soon as Nicholas and the rest of our guests walked out of the door.

I busied myself by feeding Blueberry and making sure he had fresh water in his cup. I rubbed his belly and tried to gather the courage to ask one simple question. Then, despite the fact my courage was just as nonexistent as it had been before, I got up and smiled at Solar.

"Are you sleeping in my bed?"

"Yes?" Solar answered, although it sounded more like a question. "If that's fine by you."

"O-of course." I prayed he couldn't see the bolt of panic in my eyes. Don't get me wrong: I wanted to share the bed with him. And I wouldn't have minded if it led to something more than just sleeping. 

But. 

What if I snored? What if I did something stupid or read the signals wrong? What if I took the initiative and Solar said no? What if I popped a woody and made it all hundred times more awkward? What if..

"Are you coming or not?" Solar arched an eyebrow, his bag already on his shoulder. I nodded and let out an awkward chuckle, following him to the stairs. 

Solar looked around in my room, trailing his fingertips along the framed pictures on the desk, taking in the curved monitor of the computer, the games in the bookshelf. He had been there before, but he made it look like he was seeing it all for the first time.

While Solar unzipped his bag and rummaged its contents, I fled to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I rinsed my face with cold water, but it did nothing to the anxiety. Then, while Solar was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed, I had another little crisis of mine: what should I wear? 

I usually slept in an old worn out t-shirt and boxers, but that didn't seem like an appropriate thing to sleep in when I had company. Sweatpants and a t-shirt would do, but there was no way I was going to sleep with socks on.

I laid down on the bed and pulled the blanket to my chin. I tried to stop overthinking my every move, but we all know how well that works.

When Solar switched off the light and tiptoed across the room, a short while later, I was holding my breath. When he slipped under the blanket, turning on his side to face me, I got goosebumps on my arms. When he smiled at me in the darkness of the room and reached out to palm my cheek, I felt shivers running up and down my spine. 

Solar leaned closer to plant a soft kiss on my lips, and as my hand ventured to rest on his side, his arm followed my example by circling around my lower back. He deepened the kiss, all the while shrinking the space between our bodies. I wasn't sure where exactly it was going, but I decided to do some light exploration.

Inch by inch, I edged my hand slower on Solar's side. I tucked up the hem of his shirt, my fingertips trembling as they trailed his bare skin. Solar was yet again mimicking my movements, although his hand under my shirt wasn't half as hesitant. It was clear he knew what he was doing, whereas I didn't have a clue.

I was getting out of breath and the movements of my lips against Solar's were closing to a frenzy. All I could think about was how inexperienced I was and how I couldn't possibly be what Solar wanted. He wouldn't enjoy it, and if he didn't, what would that mean for us?