Chapter 24

Elijah's POV

Today's the day! Winter break trip here I come!

But why do I have to get up at 5 am for this trip.

Rolling out of my warm, comfortable bed I land on the floor. Cold, grumpy, and in a little bit of pain. But it must be done. Unless I want to be left behind for being late. I know it takes 7-8 hours to get to the Crystal Moon pack, but it's still way too early. At least we'll be there in time for the Winter Solstice celebrations. I can't wait to see what their pack does to celebrate the holiday (hopefully something involving lots of good food).

Rising from the floor and stretching out my limbs, I get started on operation "Field Trip Prep". Which consists of: showering, throwing on some warm winter clothes, brushing my teeth, double checking my suitcase and duffel bag for everything, and texting my crew that I'm ready to go.

With all of that done, I head downstairs for some type of breakfast before my ride arrives. Surprisingly enough, both mom and dad are waiting for me in the kitchen. Mom looking as tired as I am but still wearing a warm smile, and dad looking oddly chipper. 

"Hey mom. Hey dad. You guys are up early," I say as I start up the coffee maker. Try as it might, this cup won't keep me awake for too long. But it's worth a try.

"You didn't think that we would let you leave without a goodbye, did you?" mom says, while stifling a yawn.

"Your mother's right. This will be the first time that you leave pack territory for something other than a tournament. We just wanted to make sure that you have everything," dad says.

"Mom, I know that you're more of a night owl, so I appreciate you waking up early. And dad, I have everything packed and checked and re-checked and so on. Trust me, Beth made sure that we all had everything that we could possibly need. From suppressants, to extra socks and underwear," I say, chuckling at the memory of Beth going through our bags with a check list. Atlantis suggested that if we did forget something we could just buy it there, but Beth insisted that we save our money for souvenirs and food.

"Oh, is that so~. I guess I'll have to return this Winter Solstice present I got you. Since there's nothing that you're forgetting," mom says, pulling out a small gift bag out from behind her back.

"Now let's not be rash. Of course, I'll take this wonderful gift. Thank you!" I say, laughing as I take the bag from her. Usually, I wouldn't open any gifts until after pack festivities today, but no way am I going to resist opening this till we get up north. She chuckles as I open the bag and pull out a black leather bracelet with a glass locket at the center, styled in a watch like look. Inside the locket are three small, green pearl-looking beads.

"This is a really cool bracelet, but I'm guessing that these green pearls aren't just for decoration," I say holding up the accessory, before putting it on the same wrist as the other leather bracelet.

"You'd be correct. Those are healing enhancer pills. You swallow one of those and your healing capabilities become as good as a gamma. A pretty rare find if I do say so myself," dad says, looking proud of himself.

Holy shit, drugs! :D Nothing like a few power pellets to really boost our stats, lol.

*Sigh* Please don't get excited over drugs.

Lol, funny thing is that we get excited without the help of drugs.

I hate you

"The pill only lasts for one-heal use, so use it wisely. I'm hoping that you'll never have to use them, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared," mom says, wiping away tears forming in her eyes.